Complaint Review: Hartford Auto Club in FL

• Submitted: Thu, November 14, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, November 14, 2002

• Reported By:Morriston FL
Hartford Auto Club in FL
9200 South Dadeland Blvd, Suite 700 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hartford Auto Club consumer rip-off fraud Miami Florida

*0: I got my money back! :-)

*0: File with Attorney General in FL

FL company Stole money out of my checking .....

I received a phone call earlier this year asking me to accept a package they wanted to mail out to me but they had to verify that I had a checking account. I told them I was already a very happy member with AAA. The man on the phone said they were cheaper than AAA and all they wanted to do was send out the information for me to look at. I verified that I had a checking account, all I told them was my Bank's name.

I also stated, being that he was "recording the conversation", that I was not authorizing any money to be taken out my account, I was not giving my account number and I was only authorizing them to ship information to me to look over. I never received anything in the mail, however, my next bank statement had a deduction from them for $99.00.

I called them and they told me that I should have received the package in the mail and in it was a letter stating that if I did not call them to cancel the membership they would automatically take money out of my account. I advised them I never received the package and that the money they took out of my account was more than my AAA membership! I was told that someone would call me back in 5 days.

5 days later, no phone call, so I called them back. I was told that they had put a tracer on the package 3 days after I called and I would have to give them the 5 days from the tracer placement date, I told them it was not my problem that they delayed putting a tracer on the package. I was then told that the money was non-refundable, I told them to go find the tape and listen to it as I never authorized any monies. I was then told to call back in 15 business days.

15 business days later, I called. I was then told I would have my money via check in 5 days. 5 days later I called and was told that I was misinformed and that it would take 30 to 45 days.

45 Days later I was told that a tracer was going to have to be put on the check they sent to me. If the tracer comes back "check not cashed" they will issue and emergency check to me and I should have it by 11/25/02.

I have been to a lawyer. She advised me that if I do not have my check on the 25th then I should file a small claims case. I should also work with my bank to close my account in case they should try to take anymore money out of my account. I will be doing this tomorrow.

This is considered Fraud as well as Civil Theft, if you take them to court (you can file in YOUR State and YOUR County), you are entitled to 3 times the damages. Make sure you have all your notes from the phone calls, etc. As well as your bank statement. You may also sue for the court costs.

I have done my homework and will share this with you, to serve the lawsuit: Call Dade Co. Sheriff's Ofc, ask where to send the lawsuit to be served and how much they charge to serve it. Make sure you send a check for the serving charge.

The Lawsuit should be served on:

Diane M. Trainor
c/o Hartford Auto Club
9200 South Dadeland Blvd
Suite 700
Miami, FL 33156

I am going to pursue this until I get my money back. I hope everyone else will do the same. I am also going to call the Attorney General's Office.

Jeanette
Morriston, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2002 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Auto-Club-in-FL/Miami-Florida-33156/Hartford-Auto-Club-consumer-rip-off-fraud-Miami-Florida-35213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Auto Club in FL

#1 0

I got my money back! :-)

AUTHOR: - ()

Well at long last I HAVE received my refund from Hartford Auto Club - this was after receiving a letter from the Attorney General's Office advising me they were investigating the complaint and had sent a copy of the complaint to Ms. Trainor.

It took six months but they have given me my money back.

Good luck to others!

#2 0

File with Attorney General in FL

AUTHOR: - ()

You may file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office online:

www.myflorida.com
choose government
choose Agriculture and Consumer Affairs
then click on the hyper-link in the first paragraph - you can fill the form out online!

I DID!