Complaint Review: Hartford Auto Club

• Reported By:Boothwyn PA
Hartford Auto Club
Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hartford Auto Club, Capital First Benefits ripoff Miami Florida

I was first told I would be receiving an unsecured Mastercard with 0%. They said they needed my checking account information for a one time processing fee and that after I received my package, I could cancel during a trial period.

Then the scamming started. I tried to cancel and told it was too late. My checking account starting being debited. I couldn't get anyone on the phone. Every number just led to another automated system.

Then Hartford Auto Club started debiting my account. Again, there was no one to contact.

Finally I got someone on the line who said that I had given verbal consent and sent information concerning Hartford Auto Club. However, they claimed not to be Hartford Auto Club, I was told that they were ROAN Communications. I asked for a phone number and they told me Harford did not have a phone number. I asked to speak with a supervisor they said their was only one and she had no phone number. I had never been treated so rude and unjustly in my life.

After reversing 5 different drafts from my account, at the cost of $20.00 a reveral, I finally had to close my checking account and open a new one.

My only hope is that we can get this information out to others so they won't go through the same disaster I did.

Sarah
Boothwyn, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2002 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Auto-Club/Miami-Florida/Hartford-Auto-Club-Capital-First-Benefits-ripoff-Miami-Florida-30949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Auto Club