Complaint Review: Hartford Auto Club

• Submitted: Tue, December 10, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, December 10, 2002

• Reported By:Huntsville Texas
Hartford Auto Club
www.hacauto.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hartford Auto Club ripoff Fraudulent credit card withdrawals victimized many other consumers Rip-off Report Class Action? Miami Florida

I too have fallen prey to this company. I noticed the withdrawl during an "automated teller" telephone inquiry. The bank listed them on the statement as "RDS" with a phone number (no transaction number). When calling I was directed to contact another number 866-849-1964. "Robin" answered and wanted my member account number. Don't have one because I'm not a member and never recieved any literature.

According to "Robin" my husband authorized a membership in this auto club. My husband on the other hand says he did not. I tend to believe him as he doesn't even sign a check much less to auto withdraws. They would not talk to me since my husband was the one that "authorized" the service. I will be taking this up with my bank. Just hope I do not have to close an account that I have had for years. I will also contact my State's attorney general (Texas) and I will be forwarding this info to my bank in hopes of stoping this from happening to other customers.

Huntsville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2002 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Auto-Club/Miami-Florida/Hartford-Auto-Club-ripoff-Fraudulent-credit-card-withdrawals-victimized-many-other-consume-37761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Auto Club