Complaint Review: Hartford Auto Club

• Submitted: Sat, September 14, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, September 14, 2002

• Reported By:G MS
Hartford Auto Club
N/A Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hartford Auto Club ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Miami Florida

Basically, I had 99 dollars even taken from my checking account. I called the number that was given to me at my online banking site. The number got me nowhere. They said they were busy and they would take my number and call me back. I gave them a couple days to call back...and nothing. So I called again and the same thing.

Then I called the bank and they gave me some alternate numbers. The number that I got didn't even give me a person to talk to. It was like the number didn't exist. After that I called my bank again and got ANOTHER number and it was the number of the company that was doing their transactions.

And after I got a hold of them they told me the name of the company and asked if I wanted someone from Hartford Auto club to call me back to discuss the matter....yet I got no call. I called again...yet again no call. Then I had to move so I was in limbo for about a month before I could start my calling spree again.

I tried again for another couple weeks afterwards and just gave up for a while...hoping that it had happened to someone else. Then I kept thinking how much money 99 dollars is to someone in the military and it's quite a nice chunk so I got pissed off and decided to call my bank and they said it might have been too long since it happened. So here I am...trying to get my money back and make sense of all this bullsh*t.

Gulfport, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2002 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Auto-Club/Miami-Florida/Hartford-Auto-Club-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Miami-Florida-30037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Auto Club