Complaint Review: Hartford Insurance Company.

• Submitted: Sat, August 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By:Hillsboro North Dakota
Hartford Insurance Company.
200 Executive Blvd, Southington Connecticut Hartford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Hartford Insurance Company. Stealing, Hidden charges, incompitent customer service. Hartford Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: Bull !!

I began using the hartford automobile insurance co In Nov. 2008. At the time, I gave them my correct address and location where the insured vehicles would be garaged. In May 2009 I began recieving notices that my insurance rates we going to increase because of change of location where vehicles are being garaged. I called the Hartford and told them that no changes of address had been made. They informed me that in order for them the correct their own mistake, I would be billed an additional nine dollars to correct their mistake.

I objected but let it happen rather than to fight with them further. Then in June 2009, I again recieved the same notice in the mail of their intent to raise my premium by nine dollars because of a change of address of where the vehicles were being garaged. Again I called them and again I was told that in order for the hartford to change the address again, I would have to pay them nine dollars again. This time I blew up. I asked them. Quote, Are you telling me that I have to pay you for you own mistakes? Yes I was told. End Quote.

I have had it up to my neck with the way that insurance companies find to steal from the public. The Hartford was recommended to me by A.A.R.P. I should have known better than to get involved with any company endorsed by A.A.R.P. From my expierence, the companies they endorse all seem to think that people over the age of 55 are senile and cant tell when we are being ripped off. Which is just another word for being stolen from. All I ask is that companies be up front with me about their agenda and fine print. I.E. At least be honest enough to tell me you are going to steal from me .

Join with me and speak out against this blatant thievery by insurance companies and anyone else who ingages in such activity. My advice to you is do not engage in any insurance business with the Hartford insurance co or the parent agent, namely, trumball insurance Inc. !!!!!! And thre Government allows them to get away with this type of theft. But as we all know, Governments are master thieves.

Stormy
Hillsboro, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2009 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Insurance-Company/Hartford-Connecticut-06489/Hartford-Insurance-Company-Stealing-Hidden-charges-incompitent-customer-service-Hartfo-477726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Insurance Company.

Bull !!

AUTHOR: Siopaomaster1965 - (USA)

This is a bunch of BS.  You are not telling the whole story.  I worked for The Hartford and they do not charge $9.00 to change an address back . When i worked their address changes were done all the time without this ridiculous fee you are talking about.  If the address is wrong they may ask for proof of registration to verify garaging address but under no circumstances is a fee charged to update an address.