Complaint Review: Hartford Insurance Company

Hartford Insurance Company
P.O. Box 14266 Internet United States of America

Hartford Insurance Company Robbed three times, Internet

*General Comment: Hartford Insurance

I have been robbed three times!! My home in No. Hollywood, Ca and my home in Las Vegas, NV and by the Hartford Insurance Company! My homes are insured by Hartford and the claim I filed in CA ( 3years ago) is still an open claim, however, they have paid me partially.

I just cancelled my claim for the robbery I had in Las Vegas, because of all the stuff they were asking me to provide!  Mind you, in both cases, the police arrested the robbers!

Here is some of what they asked me to provide: Proof of Loss filled out and notarized, the mortgage paperwork for both residences, proof of my income, cell phone records, utility bills, insurance for homes & businesses in Las Vegas ( I have 10) registration for all vehicles and a car hauler, my income taxes for 2009, police reports and receipts.

Then, they sent an insurance investigator to my home and he showed up, unannounced, asking for all of this information.  He showed up at 9:00 am, the day after I called them to report this robbery.taking pictures of everything.  When the police detective informed me they had arrested someone that had already confessed to the robbery, he even said they shouldn't need all of what they were requesting.

I am 78 yrs old and cannot go thru the stress Hartford Ins has put me thru again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2010 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartford-Insurance-Company/internet/Hartford-Insurance-Company-Robbed-three-times-Internet-605116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartford Insurance Company

#1 General Comment

Hartford Insurance

AUTHOR: Alyssa - (United States of America)

Hello, I am a producer at WABC-TV in New York, NY.  We are working on a story about The Hartford Insurance Company and found your encounter on the Ripoff Report.  We would like to talk to you about this.  Please contact Jim Hoffer at (212) 456-4154 to discuss further.  Thank you.

grateful