Complaint Review: Hartman Trust

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: Jay Doe — Rockville Maryland
Hartman Trust
Internet USA

Hartman Trust Hartman Today PaintersHartman LLCDavid Cohan Contractor hired substandard subcontractors - Lousy work Washington Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am The Owner of HARTMAN Trust & these are the contractors we had arrested for fraud

We answered a Craiglist ad for Painting and Home Improvement for work on our powder room. Mr. David Cohan called and talked very fast. That should have been my first clue. He told me that he was able to give discount pricing for quality work because he had access to over 100 contractors and used them while they were in between jobs and he and they were licensed and bonded. We would get a 7 year guarantee.

I was satisfied with the job on the powder room, but was troubled when he raised the price 25% for additional work that they hadn't expected. I then had him replace the front door, and was satisfied with the quality of the work.  All this time he was friendly and trustworthy. He was setting the trap.

It was then that the bait and switch occurred when we asked him to update our upstairs bathroom. He sent the first subcontractor who accidently left a leak in the bathroom and almost ruined the powder room job. I asked for a different subcontractor. The second subcontractor was fine as a plumber but was not much of professional at the other prep word and wanted more money. I refused. The third subcontractor Mr. Cohan sent did such a horrible job on the tile, my wife and I had to remove and clean it before it dried to save our ourselves from purchasing new tile. 3 strikes, you're out! Mr. Cohan explained to me that this was my fault since I didn't want to pay for 4 or 5 star contractors. What he failed to say was that he promised 4 or 5 star contractors at that price or I would not have dealt with him.

Before the bathroom job, I had sat at my kitchen table with him and said that if he made money, the subcontactor made money, and I saved money, we would all be happy. What I didn't want to happen was to get screwed. You now can use this story to save yourself the pain and aggravation.

Do not trust this man. He will rip you off. It happened to me an it will happen to you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartman-Trust/internet/Hartman-Trust-Hartman-Today-PaintersHartman-LLCDavid-Cohan-Contractor-hired-substandard-s-1134294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartman Trust

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: hartman - ()

The family who put this down is a contractor who was ling to customers and riping them off we put investagators on them cause they were coping us and were useing our name in lie to gain clintel we had them locked up and put away now we have courth documents and agents name who arested them fell free to shoot email to us and we provide them all to you Thank you and do not belive these rummers