Complaint Review: Hartz Pet Products Flea Drops For Cats

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:pompton lakes New Jersey
Hartz Pet Products Flea Drops For Cats
The Hartz Mountain Corporation 400 Plaza Drive Secaucus , NJ 07094 USA Secaucus, New Jersey U.S.A.

Hartz Pet Products Flea Drops For Cats My cat is fighting for its life after I used this product Secaucus New Jersey

My pet cat is in the vet hospital fighting for it's life. It was a sunday night and my cat had fleas so I had to go to the supermarket instead of my favorite pet store where I typically buy chemical free and homeopathic cat products. Having always lived in NJ and knowing that Hartz is local, I grabbed the flea drops off the shelf.

Since my cat was on the small size I actually only used one half of the liquid flea drops contents also because I am not a fan of chemicals on an animal. All seemed fine healthwise after the application except Hartz did nothing for the fleas. I waited 2 more days and purchased a natural shampoo flea bath for my cat and it worked significantly better.

Last night almost a week later my cat lost control of its neck muscles, one side of its body and its pupils dilated and he couldnt walk. I brought him to the vet. He had blood work done. He is being kept there on IV and medication with hopes that he will recover. Not only is my pet in the hospital which is heartbreaking that he's fighting to stay alive, I blame my own ignorance for purchasing this product. The expense is huge and worries me as my focus on financial certainly should be elsewhere. My cat is family and what has to be done needs to be done. This company is repulsive and should be closed. What a horror.

All must know before they lose a loved pet which is indeed part of their family. Word of mouth is the best answer for saving animals from being exposed to toxins like this product. Who on earth would buy it if they thought it would kill their pet and cost them huge amounts of money just to try and save its life when all the cat had was fleas?

Hartz, you should hold your heads in shame and it amazes me that you can sleep at night. Life is a full circle, for those of us that make ignorant mistakes might there be forgiveness but for those who create such a deathly product for our pets might you think hard about your actions and what you feel inside.

Please all of you who have dogs and cats do not ever use hartz flea liquid medicine once a month treatment. Hear me, thank you

Valerie, northern nj
pompton lakes, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hartz-Pet-Products-Flea-Drops-For-Cats/Secaucus-New-Jersey-07094/Hartz-Pet-Products-Flea-Drops-For-Cats-My-cat-is-fighting-for-its-life-after-I-used-this-p-354223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hartz Pet Products Flea Drops For Cats