Complaint Review: Harvey Garte and Gerlinda L. Baca

• Updated: Sat, July 09, 2011

• Reported By: pam — Sherrill New York United States of America
Harvey Garte and Gerlinda L. Baca
3100 S Harbor Blvd, Suite 190 Santa Ana, California United States of America

Harvey Garte and Gerlinda L. Baca Harvey Garte, Gerlinda Baca Took us for $3,600 to restructure our mortgage and only made 2 telephone calls!! Santa Ana, California

*Consumer Comment: Gerlinda L. Baca Mortgage Restructuring Solutions

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This person was never a client of Mortgage Restructuring Solutions, Inc.

*Consumer Suggestion: Fight Back!

*Author of original report: Took us fro $3,600 to restructure our mortgage and only made 2 telephone calls!!

My husband and I were struggling with our mortgage and our bank (HSBC) was unwilling to help us to restructure.  They bought our house back in July 2009.  In a desperate attempt to get our house back we contacted MRS who gave us hope that they could help us as they had an "in" through the back door to HSBC.  We sent them part of the money and received a call from one of their agents stating that everything looked good and we were "perfect candidates for a mortgage restructure".  They told us that these things take time and not to worry if we didn't here from them right away.  I continued to call them over the next 6 months and they assured me that things were progressing "nicely".  We sent the balance of the money to them in September for a total of $3,600 (we were charged more because our house had already been foreclosed on.).  In February, my husband and I received an eviction notice to move out of our home.  When I called Harvey Garte his response was "Oh, you already lost your home to foreclosure.  We can't help you." which he knew this before we employed him.  I asked him exactly when they were going to let us know this and he acted surprised that we hadn't been notified.  Since then we have been trying to get 1/2 our money back as this is what the contract stated with no luck even though we had an attorney friend of ours trying to contact them.  He heard from Gerlinda Baca who stated that she was no longer associated with MRS and hasn't been for some time.  However, the receipt we received for the monies we paid them was on her stationary and with her signature.  We are in the process of filing a report with the State of California Attorney Generals office and have filled a complaint with the BBB and reported Gerlinda Baca to the California Bar Association.  We called our bank and found that MRS contacted them twice by phone between July 2009 and October 2009.  They never submitted a mortgage proposal at all.  I think it is absolutely horrible that companies such as MRS suck the last little bit of money out of people who are desperate and give them false hope while knowing that there is nothing that they can do for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2010 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harvey-Garte-and-Gerlinda-L-Baca/Santa-Ana-California-92704/Harvey-Garte-and-Gerlinda-L-Baca-Harvey-Garte-Gerlinda-Baca-Took-us-for-3600-to-restru-604869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harvey Garte and Gerlinda L. Baca

Gerlinda L. Baca Mortgage Restructuring Solutions

AUTHOR: Mucko - (United States of America)

If you want to help stop Mortgage Restructuring Solutions from Ripping Off other consumers, call the
State Bar of California at 213-765-1000 ask for the Attorney Complaint Department and file a Complaint
over the phone.   They can permanently take away Gerlinda L. Baca's law license so that she doesn't
continue to rip off others anymore.  You will have to give them her State Bar Number which is
#225014.  Good luck.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This person was never a client of Mortgage Restructuring Solutions, Inc.

AUTHOR: Harvey Garte, CEO Mortgage Restruct - (United States of America)

This Client never signed a Contract with Mortgage Restructuring Solutions, Inc.

He called us and we referred his case to an attorney.  He never hired us to get him and his family a Modification.

This Complaint never should have been filed against us.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Fight Back!

AUTHOR: Lester - (U.S.A.)

I would recommend that you file a real estate fraud report with the Orange County District Attorneys, Real Estate Fraud Unit @ PO BOX 808, Santa Ana, CA. 92701. Their number is 714-834-3600. If you check their website at www.orangecountyda.com you can complete the form and print it off to send. The info you print can't be saved so make sure you have some time and all the info to complete it.
Kudo's to printing this info on RipOff and I wold slo recommend you copy and print your story on the Better Business Bureau website as well. This company and Harvey Garte cannot be allowed to continue this illegal practice of charging "up-front fees" and in your case doing no work.

AUTHOR: pam from Sherrill, NY - (United States of America)