Complaint Review: Harwood Management Group, Inc

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: Irina — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Harwood Management Group, Inc
509 W 110 Street, Apt.6A New York, New York United States of America

Harwood Management Group, Inc James C Harwood took from opera singer upfront $ 2,300.and not provide service according to the contract. New York, New York

*Author of original report: Harwood Management, James Harwood try to force their client to remove Ripoff report

*Consumer Comment: Opera

Harwood Management Group James C. Harwood breached contract not providing service according to agreement and payment. Jim Harwood only took my money $ 2,300 and my idea, my time and gave back SCAM and FRAUD
Dear Singers, Conductors, Stage Directors and all Musicians - I WANT TO WARN YOU!!!

I am an opera singer.  I signed contract with Harwood Management Group, inc in June 2011 as my Personal Manager.  James C. Harwood requested me to pay up front $ 3,600 for year,  ($300 a month), besides official 10% for staged show, 15% for recordings and 20% for concerts - he suppose to find for me.

During 3 months I paid 8 months up front $2,300. I stopped to pay after I found Harwood Management  James C. Harwood not represent me as artist on a market according to our agreement. During 6 months James C. Harwood didn't represent me to some Opera Companies, to some other Agencies which suppose to find job for me, didn't bring on auditions, didn't do my recordings as promised and even didn't put my singer's profile in his Roster on www.Harwood-Management.com.

More, Jim Hawood forced me to take lessons with wrong coach - his wife, which couldn't teach Italian language as she is not Italian native and not a teacher. I spent $ 900 and after it didn't work for me he tried TO FORCE me again  to continue take lessons with his wife. Just to pull more money from me.

More, as a singer I am generous and creative by nature - I brought to James C. Harwood an idea about innovative opera staging to motivate him for real work. I showed him - we can make bigger money. He told: "I like your mind, it's the most beautifull idea in the world. There are millions there". I know Investor we could get money for production, I asked if we could get Grant  but Jim wanted from me technical details to present my idea by himself.

I used all ways to cooperate with Harwood -Management Group, Inc and James C. Harwood. Unfortunately, it was hopeless. I informed them we don't work any more because not provide service and requested my money back. He never answered, I filed Claim in NYC Small Claim Court. Hearing will be 17 of May 2012.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2011 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harwood-Management-Group-Inc/New-York-New-York-10025/Harwood-Management-Group-Inc-James-C-Harwood-took-from-opera-singer-upfront-2300and-n-813618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harwood Management Group, Inc

AUTHOR: Irina Ivanova - (United States of America)

Dear Sir/Madam
 Jim Harwood tried  to force me to remove Rip off Report.
I just followed the official way advised online and attorney advised  me to do - if you are scammed what you have to do.
    I called to Government agencies as FBI, FTC and others - it's official and I informed Harwood Management  twice what I am going do if they don't return my money back until 1 of December 2011.
   I paid money to Harwood Management up front for 8 months  $ 2,300 and I didn't get back for my money any service. I try to motivate them to work - it's unsuccessful. Jim Harwood even never created my Artist's workable package to present me on a market.
    Our contract says: "Harwood Management acts as Personal Manager for all engagements". Agent  has to believe in artist to sign such contract.
    Mr. Harwood  told me before we signed contract: " YOU ARE GOOD SINGER, WE DO RECORDING, I HAVE CONNECTIONS AND YOU WILL BE OK"  It means he believes in me as an artist and knows how to sell me and make his commission.
This is not about my good or bad singing, good or bad languages (English is second, Italian is third, I sing on 7 languages). Jim Harwood never even began to work and did absolutely nothing, just was sending invoices and collecting money from me.
     If Jim Harwood signed such contract with me and even didn't represent me on a market  but took $ 2.300 up front - all this shows  scam  essence.

Opera

AUTHOR: TruthSayer - (USA)

Well, from what I gather from your  VERY  poorly written report, this man does indeed appear to be a scammer as well as a useless agent.  And, no doubt, he will tell quite a different version of the events, as well.

But, seriously, what I am wondering is, exactly WHERE did you receive your vocal training, that is, IF you actually have studied Voice.  It certainly wasn't in college, nor high school, I gather, as your English skills are sorely lacking.  And you think that you can learn the Italian language, which is needed for the vast majority of operatic pieces, when you can't even properly speak English ???  I seriously doubt it.  Give it up. Not even Rosetta Stone could help you.  There's a reason that you are going nowhere.  You have neither the intelligence nor the skills needed for a vocal career.  And, yes, I know exactly what I am talking about.  Been there, done that.

arrive