Complaint Review: Hasaan R. Steel

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Wil — Cleveland Ohio United States of America
Hasaan R. Steel
1375 Ocean Ave #1J, Brooklyn, NY 11230 Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Hasaan R. Steel Ponzi Scheme operator, gambler, cocaine addict, habitual compulsive liar, psychopath Brooklyn, New York

Hasaan Steel is an expert at Theft by Deception. His psychopath personality enables him to seem sincere, charming, convincing while he is gaining your confidence for the sole purpose of extracting as much money or useful information from you as possible.
I am the ONLY individual with whom Hasaan Steel has made any money whatsoever when I made him over $100,000 profit in a 10 day period back in 2009 when I executed trades in a gold options account, the initial funds for which he procured through some unidentified third party (probably a NY drug dealer). Because of his cocaine addiction, he panicked and sold out all my positions. The next day (11th day) the account would have increased still further, to another $60,000, thus he cheated me out of my agreed commission of 50% of profits which should have been $80,000.

He would later use screen shots of my brokerage trade record to show to future victims (2-3 years later) who invested in his "commodity pool," using it as a false record of their profits and in order to convince them their investment was "safe" and "profitable." In truth, he abscounded with between $400,000 to over $1,000,000 (see below court record links), using only a portion of it to invest in commodities and stocks (about 13%), and the rest for his own personal use, including gambling, cocaine, living expenses, hotels, etc.

Just recently, he futher conned me out of my last dollar when pleading with me to send him a total of $1500. Like all scammers, he always insisted money be sent by Western Union, and always to a name other than his own. He stole this money from me, having previously impoverished me, and realizing that I am now homeless and have been living in my van for over the last 13 months, and now with only $100 to my name, and no source of income or prospect for income. He did this with full knowledge that I was poor, and while telling me he needed it to show an investor false profits, and who would fund $15,000 the next day once they saw "the profit." He repeatedly promised to return my money within 24 hours if the deal didn't work out. The "deal" didn't work out, because there WAS no deal. He never returned any of my money.

He lies about everything. So, here I sit, living in a freezing cold van in the dead of winter (it's been 20 degrees below zero for the last week), and he disconnected his phone. All previous attempts to contact him have met with a crazed cocaine-brain reply. This guy should not only be in prison, but in a psych ward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hasaan-R-Steel/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/Hasaan-R-Steel-Ponzi-Scheme-operator-gambler-cocaine-addict-habitual-compulsive-liar-1002656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hasaan R. Steel