Complaint Review: Hawk security`

• Submitted: Thu, July 28, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 31, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — HELOTES Texas United States of America
Hawk security`
10117 Broadway St san antonio tx 78217 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Hawk security` used scare tactics against my wife and locked us into an immoral 3 year deal San Antonio, Texas

*Author of original report: Hawk Security: Questionable Sales Tactics?

*Consumer Comment: Shill

*Consumer Comment: They are using facts not scare tactics!

*Consumer Comment: Check your locality

*Consumer Comment: You didn't say

*Consumer Comment: Having lots of false alarms is bad advice.

*Consumer Comment: Con Artists

*Consumer Comment: Really?

Hawk security through interface security came to our home and intimidated my wife with "concerns" over roaming gangs of criminals in the San Antonio area and our need for their services. The got us to sign a 3 year deal with the terms of paying the entire amount regardless of when you cancel. I thought ATT was the lowest in the scum pool. Congratulations hawk security, you've outdone the best. We signed the contract so we have nothing else to do but complain. They have our money for 3 years and that is that. Other than that I have no problems with their service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hawk-security/San-Antonio-Texas-78217/Hawk-security-used-scare-tactics-against-my-wife-and-locked-us-into-an-immoral-3-year-de-757650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hawk security`

Hawk Security: Questionable Sales Tactics?

AUTHOR: Millar87 - (United States of America)

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well the first time around.  We signed up with Hawk Security when we first moved here with the understanding that we were locked into a 2 year contract.  We moved homes about 14 months into the contract and called the company.  They explained to us that we can move the service but since we were under contract we couldn't outright cancel.

We had a technician come out to our new residence and hook up service.  They never gave us the equipment.  Both homes already had the alarm system.  We signed the paperwork and they left.  In the past few months we have had the police just show up stating Hawk called them from the alarm going off.  The alarm never went off.  When we called Hawk, they stated, someone must have pushed the panic button.  No one pushed the panic button as the FOBS are put up high.

We will be charged after so many "false alarms".  First I asked them to call me before they sent police out, and after they said on a panic call they just sent SAPD out, I wanted to cancel.  That is when I learned that when we moved the contract started over but with a 3 year contract.  We pulled out what we signed and yes, we didn't read over it with a fine tooth comb, and there in fine legal jargon, there it was.  We said we would pay a cancellation fee but there cancellation fee is the full amount due for the term of the contract not a portion like cell phone companies.  We were not told at installation that our contract started over again. Yes, we should have read the contract more diligently but when you are in the middle of unpacking, having service people in and out and children to watch, you trust what the technicians tell you.

Shill

AUTHOR: smackdown - (USA)

How did you end up on this page, Shill?

They are using facts not scare tactics!

AUTHOR: Jolan - (United States of America)

I also live in the San Antonio area and use Hawk Security. Can you really claim the rep is using scare tactics if there really are issues with gangs? My family and friends have been affected by gang violence, I have been fortunate enough to be able to say I have not personally been affected. It's all around us and doesn't seem to be getting any better. The alarm system provides me with the security to feel at ease in my own home when I am there alone. I researched several different companies prior to signing with Hawk and found that all the companies I had talked to required the same commitment of 3 years with no cancellation clause. I found this to be pretty standard. My interactions with Hawk employees have always been pleasant. I would recommend this company to anyone in need of security.

Check your locality

AUTHOR: smackdown - (USA)

about fines.  Regardless you can still find ways to waste customer service's time.

You didn't say

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

How much you paid for the security system.  My guess is that it was "free" or sold to you at a huge discount, and in exchange for the system you agree to 3 years of monitoring.

Just like Cell Phones, you get free or highly discounted phones in exchange for agreeing to a contract.  You don't want a contract then just pay the full retail price for the phone(or in your case the security system) you have.  Of course it will turn something free into a several hundred dollar purchase, but at least you won't have that nasty ole contract to deal with.

As was suggested earlier this seems like nothing more than buyer's remorse, and that is not a Ripoff.

Oh and as for reporting false alarms.  You need to be very careful about that.  You can be fined for too many false alarms, and with cities becoming strapped for cash they are looking at things like this to get some cash flow back into the city.  With some cities even after the 2nd false alarm you can get fined.  These fines can start out relatively small but as the number of false alarms increase so will the fines.

Having lots of false alarms is bad advice.

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

It may result in fines from the city.

Con Artists

AUTHOR: smackdown - (USA)

That's what they are.  They know they're selling crap that's why they try to stick you with the 3 year contract.

Make sure to have lots of false alarms and issues for customer service to have to deal with.

Or just try to get a refund from the credit card company.

Really?

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You said "We signed the contract so we have nothing else to do but complain. They have our money for 3 years and that is that. Other than that I have no problems with their service. "

So you have no problem with their service but you are reporting them because you regret the contract you signed.

Buyers remorse is not a rip off