Complaint Review: Hawkeye Movers

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By:des moines Iowa
Hawkeye Movers
Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

Hawkeye Movers, Hawkeye Movers rip off for hundreds of $$, incomplete job, illegal dumping Des Moines Iowa

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Locally owned Hawkeye movers in des moines

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Case Of Mistaken Identity - Wrong Hawkeye.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: attempt to contact you and make things right

*UPDATE Employee: Hawkeye Movers Atlas Van Lines

I hired the moving company Jan '07. They demanded cash up front, unlike the Visa/Master Card advertised. They did not have the proper equipment to move us from Des Moines to Cedar Rapids Iowa. Stated they would have to make 2 trips as they were unable to load the BBQ grill and patio set. I gave them a break by allowing them to bring the grill & patio set to my other house in Des Moines for a couple of weeks until they could finish the job.

Instead of bringing just these 2 things, they brought a truck load (contents of the garage and shed and all lawn/patio furnishings) and dumped them in my yard. My neighbor turned me into the "city" and I rec'd a citation to either haul the items to the dump within 2 weeks or the city would charge me $200/hr to do so. The I had to hire a truck and crew and do the dump haul myself. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and have not heard any further from them or Hawkeye Movers...

Liz
des moines, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2008 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hawkeye-Movers/Des-Moines-Iowa/Hawkeye-Movers-Hawkeye-Movers-rip-off-for-hundreds-of-incomplete-job-illegal-dumping-314166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hawkeye Movers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Locally owned Hawkeye movers in des moines

AUTHOR: no1mvr - ()

I have put off this response because it is so wrong. My name is Ed Kasperbauer and i was on this move . She never scooped the sidewalks so i did it for my own safety, she accused me of theft so i told her to file a police report . The items that were placed in the back yard aka illegal dumping was at her request, when my men and I got there to deliver the items we could here her husband screaming at her, we contemplated calling the police. It has been my company policy to never recieve payment until the job is finished.All of the allegations in this complaint are false I have documentation to back it up.At one point she accused us of stealing the cable box it was left at her sisters previous employer who was also the landlord that she owed several months rent to. She first filed a complaint with the BBB wen i responded with my documentation she dropped the complaint and put it on here where she cant be accountable. Quote form her sisters previous employer was, they accused him of theft also the same items she accused me of and that mental issues run ramped in there family tree, he was also her sisters previous employer.I invited her to file a small claims action against myself and my company that is when this complaint was filed. I have been in the moving industry for over twenty years and this was the strangest moving complaint I have evr had. Thank you for reading my rebuttle. Ed Kasperbauer President Hawkeye Movers in DesMoine Iowa

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Case Of Mistaken Identity - Wrong Hawkeye.

AUTHOR: Hawkeye Movers of Davenport - (United States of America)

We are Hawkeye Movers of Davenport.
Due to the prevelancy of the name "hawkeye" in the state of Iowa we feel that this is a case of mistaken identity.
There are several other moving companies that use the name Hawkeye.

Chuck VanderHart
563-386-7565

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

attempt to contact you and make things right

AUTHOR: Hawkeye Movers - (United States of America)

Mam,
We have searched our records and have not been able to find any record of this incident.  Due to the prevelancy of the name "hawkeye" in the state of Iowa we feel that this is the case of a mistaken identity. However we do not claim to be perfect, and if there has been an incident in which you felt wronged by our company, we pride ourselves in our work and we like to keep our customers happy. Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.
Chuck VanderHart
563-386-7565

Hawkeye Movers Atlas Van Lines

AUTHOR: Hawkeyemoversatlas - (U.S.A.)

I am posting to clear our name in this horrible move. We are an Atlas Van Lines agent based out of Davenport, Ia and have been in business for 25 years.

We have never demanded cash up front for any move we have done in our history, and never will. What this shows is that you are dealing with a small company that doesn't have the money even to begin your move (fuel to get there etc....).

On another website you list our website as the company that provided this horrible service to you. We have made several attempts to contact you by email and you will not respond. We are going to begin taking the legal action necessary for defamation of character.

We have gone through all of our records for moves in this time frame and can not find a job close to this one, meaning we did not provide the service.

You need to make sure that it is very clear as to what company you used, and remove our website form the other post on comlaintsboard.com.

If you would like to discuss this matter further you may contact our office at 563-386-7565 or avl8386@gmail.com

Brandon Petersen