Complaint Review: Hawking Technologies

• Submitted: Sat, March 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 11, 2006

• Reported By:Lubbock Texas
Hawking Technologies
15281A Barranca Parkway Irvine, California U.S.A.

Hawking Technologies refused to pay 2 rebates totalling $25.00 on Offer #HTI-0587 and HTI-0589 Irvine California

*Author of original report: Hawking Technologies WiFi Locator purchased at CompUsa

I submitted all of the required items for 2 rebates offered on a Hawking Technology 2.4 WiFi Locator which I purchased on 11/25/05. Rebate #HTI-0587 was for $10.00 and Rebate # HTI-0589 was for $15.00.

I recently got a postcard from their rebate center saying they did not get my UPC code on #059 (which they did, for sure). When I called and questioned them on it, they also said they have not received a rebate request on #057.

When I sent an E-Mail to their customer service center expressing my dissatisfaction, I received a standard reply referring me back to their rebate center and telling me to resubmit.

Unfortunately, I cannot resubmit because I did not keep an extra copy of the UPC code.
I sent the original with #0587 and my copy with #0589.

I wonder how many others were given this same runaround.

Margaret
Lubbock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2006 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hawking-Technologies/Irvine-California-92618/Hawking-Technologies-refused-to-pay-2-rebates-totalling-2500-on-Offer-HTI-0587-and-HTI--180645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hawking Technologies

Hawking Technologies WiFi Locator purchased at CompUsa

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

I purchased the WiFi Locator at CompUSA. I also contacted the manager at the local store to complain but was basically told "Don't bother us, we have nothing to do with it".