Complaint Review: Hawking Technology

• Submitted: Sat, January 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 06, 2007

• Reported By:Winnipeg Manitoba
Hawking Technology
15281A Barranca Parkway Irvine, California U.S.A.

Hawking Technology Rebate Fraud - No rebate after 16 months Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: Your not alone, I too sent in rebates.

I submitted two rebates in good faith for a Hawking Technology wireless-G router (HWR54G-CA) purchased in Sept, 2005, at Best Buy. These were received correctly after a couple of weeks, and were just waiting on processing. After 10 months without a change in status, I contacted the company issuing the rebates (Hawking Technologies Promotions), and was told the rebates were in dispute with Hawking. I contacted Hawking Technology directly, and was told to resubmit the rebates directly to them (July, 2006). I followed up again, and was told the rebates were processes in Sept, 2006, and to expect them within 3 weeks. It is now January, 2007 (16 months after submitting!), and I have not received anything, and no longer get replies to email or voice messages. I have yet to find a phone number at Hawking that is answered by a person.

Grant
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2007 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hawking-Technology/Irvine-California-92618/Hawking-Technology-Rebate-Fraud-No-rebate-after-16-months-Irvine-California-229095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hawking Technology

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Your not alone, I too sent in rebates.

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

I too sent in rebates, each one was perfect, within all the rules of the rebate etc... Hawking denied the rebate. I called them, emailed them etc. Told them that I was onto their scam of never approving a rebate and them figuring that the customer will just give up over a lousy $10.00. I told them I would post their scam all over the Internet, ROR etc and file a report with the Irvine, Ca. police. They were wrong when it came to me, I hounded them for weeks and they finally sent the $10.

They promote rebates but then deny every request in the hopes people will just forget about it. Don't let them get away with it, I didn't and got my rebate. They are the lowest form of life in the business world. No government agency will deal with the problem because it's only a $10.00 problem and they know it and get away with screwing their own customers.