Complaint Review: Hawkins Welwood Homes

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: antyeamans — Plano Texas United States of America
Hawkins Welwood Homes
17480 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 217 Dallas TX 75287 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Hawkins Welwood Homes Brexen Real Estate They took 50% of the Earnest money simply because we could not get a the loan 3 weeks after processing. Dallas, Texas

Make sure your sales contract, if you ever make the mistake of buying from HWH, has an unconditional "third party financing" contingency that has no deadline. Any respectable builder or seller would not want you to lose earnest money when you cannot even secure a loan. HW's response to my apologetic and very friendly email regarding the loan denial was a quick response of: "thnx for the info."

I attempted to purchase one of their townhouses based on the fact that I had not heard or read too many negative testimonials and reviews. That, it turned out, could not have prepared me for the kind of unresponsive, arrogant and unprofessional customer service that I have received. I had decided to ignore the advices of many who had bought from Hawkins Welwood and had issues with leaky windows and roof problems. It is beyond me how they can call themselves "Luxury Custom Builder."

Mark Galanos, Brexen Real Estate, who is also the finance person/listing agent for Hawkins Welwood was my sales person. The brevity of his late and lacking responses was a minor issue at the beginning, until it got to the point to where he would ignore, at least, half of my questions. His interests were not always aligned with those of Hawkins Welwood Homes and that made working with the seller less productive.
John Hawkins who would never answer any question you ask is even worse.

I am a scientist and tend to document and keep track of every phone, in-person, email and text conversations. I was always surprised whenever I went over some of the despicable things that were told. Here is a list of some of them, as told by Mark Galanos:

1- "You can get a home inspection if you like but we are not aware of anything wrong with the house and we will not fix anything... minor or major..."

2- " You are getting such a good deal, the seller will not even hear about anything that the inspector might say."

3- "I will try to get you some of your earnest money."

I highly recommend you stay away from Hawkins Welwood. Most of what they are building now is over-priced townhouses next to real busy streets, and with ridiculous tiny useless "yards" despite them being, at least, 18 miles away from downtown Dallas. There are many excellent choices when it comes to custom home builders in Dallas. Hawkins Welwood should and is not one of them despite what they try to portray. Do your research and you will find out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hawkins-Welwood-Homes/Dallas-Texas-/Hawkins-Welwood-Homes-Brexen-Real-Estate-They-took-50-of-the-Earnest-money-simply-because-947098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hawkins Welwood Homes