Complaint Review: Haynes Furniture Store

• Submitted: Sun, September 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 28, 2008

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Haynes Furniture Store
Virginia Beach Blvd Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Haynes Furniture Store Delivered defective leather furniture Virginia Beach Virginia

We purchased a black leather Natuzzi sectional from Haynes Furniture store, in Virginia Beach. When the furniture arrived, we did not notice that there was a repair on one of the pieces of the sectional, and that one recliner of the sectional was not aligned with the adjacent seat. We only noticed this when we moved the furniture.

Upon notifying Haynes, they sent "Jessee" out to 'repair' NEW furniture...which I have NEVER heard of, or experienced before. We purchased furniture for over $3,000.00...and it has to be 'repaired'. Jessee came out, and I told him repeatedly, that the furniture was unacceptable, and that I either wanted my money back, or a reduction in the amount that we are paying for this defective furniture. He went under the misaligned recliner, and did nothing to correct the alignment. (In fact, it is sitting lower now than it was before he 'fixed' it.) He only took pictures of the repaired tear on the back of the sectional.

He then went back to the store and reported that he had restored the furniture to 'manufacturers standards'..whatever that means. Again we are talking about NEW furniture.

We have had the furniture for about a month now and conversations with Haynes are getting nowhere. They are telling us that they are 'researching' our case...but they can't tell us what they intend to do with the damaged 'new' furniture. We have been dealing with a woman named Ellen. Jontae Harrington sold us the set' he will not return our calls and he seemed SO nice when he suckered us in!!!

I hate Haynes...and I will never purchase anything from them again. I should have followed my instincts and got my leather set from Haverty's..a reputable dealer in the area. To make it worse, I read all the bad stuff about Haynes before we purchased this set...but I just thought that people were disgruntled and had it out for them. They are bad---we are having to make payments on furniture that is damaged, and last of all....IS NOT NEW...it makes me so angry. There should be some type of area boycott of them because of the complaints, and the shoddy way in which they treat people.

I really liked the set that I got from them, if it was new. The longer that we keep it, and they don't repair it...the more they are probably going to say that we damaged it. I just want my money back. Don't shop at Haynes....

Hdmitchel
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2008 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Haynes-Furniture-Store/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23454/Haynes-Furniture-Store-Delivered-defective-leather-furniture-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-376788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Haynes Furniture Store