Complaint Review: Haynes Furniture Virginia

• Submitted: Wed, January 06, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Marjorie — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Haynes Furniture Virginia
5324 Virginia Beach Blvd 23462 Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Haynes Furniture Virginia Haynes has to be stopped, Please help us all thats been ripped off by Haynes Virginia Beach, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Umm

I recently purachased a Dinette set from Haynes on Sunday Dec 13th. I paid $2,343.85 cash. Table, 8 chairs, Buffet, China Hutch. It was delivered on Monday Dec 21st. When the set was delivered it was damaged and very dusty and dirty. The delivery men made a note of the damages and and called customer service. The person I spoke with told me that they would send someone out to look at the damages. The delivery men left before I had a chance to take a closer look at the dinette set. As I started to clean it, I notice nicks and scratches on the Buffet and China Hutch. The China Hutch had masking tape on the Glass and mirror. When I removed the tape I discovered a huge scratch on the back of the mirror, a scratch on the front of the mirror, marks on the wood inside of the hutch along with several other scratches, marks and wood missing. The table has a very large mark on the top and one of the chairs has a sliver of wood sticking out like a splinter. [continued below]....
..... I have made several calls to Rebecca Ramsey, the sales person and to Customer Service. Customer Service did call me on Christmas Eve but I was out. I called them back and talked to Cathy, and was told that Susan, the person that I needed to talk to, was busy and that she would call me back and she never did. Today, Dec 29th, I called the Haynes Store two more times only to hear "we'll call you back tomorrow". After researching Haynes on the internet I've found that I'm not the only person to have problems with Haynes. Something needs to be done to stop Haynes from ripping people off like this! If you check the comments on the internet you will see for yourself that it's not just a hand full of people who have had problems with Haynes. This dinette set is clearly a defective set. Please, please help me and others get what we paid for from Haynes.

Table- D 024611885 Side Chairs,6 each, D 024611880U Arm Chairs, 2 each, D 024611881U, Buffet D 024611890B, China Hutch- D 024611890H. Brand 0246, Store #108, Customer #108HUT559, Sales Rep Rebecca Ramsey.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Haynes-Furniture-Virginia/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23464/Haynes-Furniture-Virginia-Haynes-has-to-be-stopped-Please-help-us-all-thats-been-ripped-550358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Haynes Furniture Virginia

Umm

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

YOU said "When the set was delivered it was damaged and very dusty and dirty."

So why did you accept the delivery?  When signng for the delivery you acknowledged that you inspected the furniture and approved of it.

And no I don't work for Haynes nor have I ever even been to Virginia.