Complaint Review: Hays Law Center

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: StopRescueScams — Glendale Wisconsin United States of America
Hays Law Center
26497 Rancho Parkway South Lake Forest, California United States of America

Hays Law Center Triton Law Group PC scam, Hays Law Center, mortgage modification, Triton Law Group Lake Forest, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Doesn't feel too good does it?

*Author of original report: Unwarranted Personal Attack

*Consumer Suggestion: Dorothy Dean is a scammer

*Author of original report: Hayes is a scammer

*Consumer Comment: Why don't you give your name?

*Consumer Comment: WE got the same results as the complaintant.

*Consumer Suggestion: Run fast...

*UPDATE Employee: What are your motives? What are those little red links for?

*Author of original report: Hayes, Triton violating the law!

*Consumer Suggestion: LIfe is Tough

*Author of original report: William T Hays, Hays Law Center, Triton and several other names

*Consumer Comment: Triton Law/Hays Law Center Saved My House!

*UPDATE Employee: I'm sick of the cheap shots. People have huge problems and we can help and we do every day, for years...

*Author of original report: Hays Law Center no longer on internet or phone

*General Comment: William T Hays

Hays Law Center (now out of business; with Triton Law Group PC doing the same business from the same address with different phone numbers and Thomas Hays as the registered agent).

Hays got $2995 for a mortgage loan modification which they never did.
The connection between these two scam firms is Thomas Hays, an attorney listed with the State Bar of California.  Complaints about him to the Bar might make a difference.  Got to move fast though because his businesses come and go like crazy.

If you can show that he has acted unethically then there is a Bar restitution fund.  It takes a couple years to work through the system but for nearly $3,000 it's worth it.

So far, I have found that none of these scammers are members of the Better Business Bureau and all have a rating of F or sometimes D.   The scammers are particularly active in California, Arizona, Texas and Florida, although they are everywhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hays-Law-Center/Lake-Forest-California-92630/Hays-Law-Center-Triton-Law-Group-PC-scam-Hays-Law-Center-mortgage-modification-Triton-752982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hays Law Center

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Doesn't feel too good does it?

AUTHOR: Nate M. - (United States of America)

Well Dorothy:

This is typical.

You 'work' for a non-profit, meaning you are paid by them.

You feel that this makes you better than everyone else.

Why not volunteer instead of work?

Suddenly, despite not being informed of all facts in your 'reports', you say its not right to personally attack you.

It is OK for you to attack others, but as long as they don't look at you...typical.

By the way:

Poor Dorothy Dean likes to allege election fraud after losing an election years ago.

Dorothy commented on the petition over 1 year ago

Eric Holder:
Launch a full-scale election fraud investigation in Waukesha County, WIThe actions in Waukesha -- finding ballots twice - not once - just when needed most must be investigated. All the election data on the clerk's personal computer with software written for her is suspect enough. But she also had worked for Prosser and Walker! Everything should have been impounded quickly after the election. Now too much time has gone by and the clerk has had time to cover her tracks.

You see?

It's that easy when you have so much to say about others.

Now go fix all that glass in the house around you.

Unwarranted Personal Attack

AUTHOR: StopRescueScams - (USA)

So, posting facts is causing some people anxiety.  Attacking me will not change the facts.

Fact is I file complaints for people who have been scammed.  I am successful at getting money back.  I do not charge for my service (I'm with a non-profit community agency and this is my job).

Harassment of me personally violates the terms of agreement that Nate had to agree to when he signed up here.

Why is Nate so quick to post opinions with no facts?  Why is he so upset about me uncovering mortgage rescue scams and getting restitution from the guilty party?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Dorothy Dean is a scammer

AUTHOR: Nate - (USA)

This woman loves to pass judgment and pat herself on the back in her 'rescue' efforts. She loves places like this that don't make her account for what she is saying. She sounds like a politician bitter from losing an election for Lt, governor....

Hayes is a scammer

AUTHOR: StopRescueScams - (USA)

Nate (USA) I just responded to your confusion about a complaint I filed here about another attorney taking people's money and doing nothing.  You can read the details of my work with homeowners in that response. You provide no details at all about your belief that Hayes is legit.  Check the Better Business Bureau and the California Bar.  Says the same thing I am saying.

I know a lot of Nates in the US.  Your charge of "hiding" by not posting a full name is humorous.  All we know about you is that you use the name Nate and attack people who obviously know what they are doing because the reports I file are specific with details.  Your posts are flamboyant with no detail at all.  My name is Dorothy and I live in Wisconsin.  That's more info than you give.

Why don't you give your name?

AUTHOR: Nate - (USA)

To the author:

You seem to throw a lot of allegations around.
Why don't you give your name?

If you cannot do so, then how can anyone believe what you say?
If you are such a humanitarian, then shouldn't everybody know it?

I think you're just someone who doesn't want to pay their mortgage.

WE got the same results as the complaintant.

AUTHOR: Layminister - (USA)

In the begining of 2010 my wife & I paid Hays Law Group a total of $4900.00 + dollars for legal represantation in a matter of refinancing our home. !st the bank rip us off(WELLS FARGO) claiming we didn't quaifity,by adding income to my Social Security check payments stating I didn't pay tax on this money so therefore my income  they added 40% to so as to make it apear that I did have enough money to pa thier outragously high monthly payment. Fact is my income tax statement shows I paid ;all the income tax on my income. Hays did NOTHING,told me no problem,not to worry just keep sending them the bank statements. Then on 1/19/2012 we recieve a lettle telling us that the firm closed down because Toms father was very ill and couldn't "carry on". Tom said his father was the sole owner & also stated that in his letter. He told us that the firm was bankrupt & deep in dept,I think in my opinoun he lied to us. We stated all we wanted was our money back so we could hire another law firm. His responce was to ask us to give him(TOM) time to get everything straight in his fathers firm. WE have been unable to get in touch with anyone in his firm,just keep getting a recording on the phone number he told us to call.  I don't know whrer this guy is gettin g his information,but he is dead wrong to make a statement that it is the clients fault that ;Tom Hays isn't keeping his word.More than likely you are one of his flunckies,you JACKASS. You got some nerve stating in this forum such BULLSHIT AS IT"S THE CLIENTS FAULT. Hope I can meet you some day and show you just what I think of ASSHOLES like you.  HaMMeR

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Run fast...

AUTHOR: Smarter than you - (United States of America)

Any law firm with employees that cant spell conscientious properly, uses watered down and long winded defenses about company integrity with meaningless rants and metaphors, is not a real law firm. Wade, your so called law firm is rotten from the inside out, Hayes pulled every file, David Otto ran for cover and stop letting you put his bar license, reputation, and freedom in jeopardy. Your company can't make payroll, and is on its last leg. Your obnoxious and ignorant to think you are helping anybody except your boss. Now, any client that signs up with this firm after reading the disrespectful usage of the english language, citing numerous grammatical and spelling errors all over the website and auto emails that come from the company think tank in the wee hours of the night, should be ashamed of themselves for paying thousands of dollars after doing minimal research, and buying on an impulse. Only reasonable remedy is to take part in class action suit or "multi-plaintiff" (legal term does not exist, 17 firms were shut down in one week in 2011 for selling lies about a legal settlement against their banks, same fate triton law should expect shortly) against triton law to get your monies back, employees take time on Craigslist, monster, employment agencies and find a real sales job. Owner, change your name again, fly over seas to where your off shore accounts are, seek stem-cell treatment in the private sector for what most call evil a*hole disease.

What are your motives? What are those little red links for?

AUTHOR: Wade - (United States of America)

Going around and scarring people who need real help?

There is a major trust deficit homeowners have to overcome to get to the help they need. This free

website here where anyone can say anything is not objective and Mr. Anonymous is really a Poacher trying to steal clients who find themselves searching for information. It is true that California makes it next to impossible for homeowners to get the desperate help they need and the banks benefit from the shields lawmakers have created. Bank of America, based out of California has set aside 10s of billions of dollars to brace themselves for what is about to come down on them. I wonder who Mr. Anonymous is really blogging here for?

I work in an office where I am surrounded by concisions individuals who go to great lengths to make sure they are helping people not hurting them. Mr. Anonymous makes a disingenuous Godless statement of, Who cares if they are loving? How can you violate the law and be a practicing attorney at the same time? When did trying to be noble get relegated to being a marginal pursuit? What can be

said for someone who attacks one firm after another with a cut and paste argument under the guise of pretending to care while inlaying weblinks that are intended to lead people towards his own business interest. You can find this amazingly similar argument posted against several other firms on this site and other sites like this one.

What do you hope to accomplish?

Do you think you are saving the general public from themselves? Are people too stupid to make a decision without your grand perspective? You write like you have such superior intellect in

these matters. Congratulations on sounding like you are the last word on this subject. I know you arent a lawyer and you have no idea what it takes to actually help your fellow man. Writing short, negative smear paragraphs against large groups of helpful people who are trying to help their fellow man secure

some form of permanence in regard to every humans basic need of sheltering themselves and their families really makes you quite small. I would never hire someone who doesnt care about loving acts like you dont.

The people I deal with make independent informed decisions and our process is as transparent as you will find. People have access to their cases 24 hours a day. They can independently verify the work we provide for them. And we openly invite them to get a referral from previous satisfied clients. Im not fake, I dont scam people and I would never work for a company that did.

We dont work in an environment where one hands monies over a counter and someone hands back to them a cookie cutter solution. Nothing we do is cookie cutter and it takes a lot of work to get favorable results for people and sometimes it gets messy. We deal with scared, hurting families who have experienced tremendous trials and all we can help with is a small corner of their lives but when we help save a home it gives all of us purpose.

Hayes, Triton violating the law!

AUTHOR: StopRescueScams - (USA)

Why would anyone knowingly violate California law?  Especially lawyers?  This went into effect October 2009 when Gov. Schwartzenegger signed it into law.
Section 10085.6 of the California Business and Professions Code and Section 2944.7 of the California Civil Code

I don't care how loving these people claim to be, the fact is they violate the law every time they take money from people who are trying to do the right thing by their lender.  They provide no counseling at all on options.  Every reputable HUD certified agency does just that.  They are not consumer oriented.

And the lenders never hear from the scammers.  So what do they do for and with the illegally gained "up front" money? I have worked many cases of fraud like this in California and this is the pattern as well as the reality of each individual case.

As of January 31, 2011, the Federal Trade Commission issued a new regulation that basically covers the same ground that the California law.  Since it is FTC promulgation, it covers the US.

Personally, I find it obnoxious when the principals and employees of a scammer post comments here on how their house was supposedly saved.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

LIfe is Tough

AUTHOR: Oh so Sad - (United States of America)

Ya now. Paying your mortgage is a great way to avoid problems. Other than that nothing is guaranteed. So good luck on being the 99%.

William T Hays, Hays Law Center, Triton and several other names

AUTHOR: StopRescueScams - (United States of America)

If the company that is the subject of this thread actually got a loan modification for someone then more power to him.  However, William T Hays has a string of questionable companies promising loan modifications.  They are in business for a while and then close up shop.  Please direct your attention to the Better Business Bureau reports which do not require companies to be members.  These reports are based on actual complaints filed by clients of Hays, Triton, etc.

I work for a community agency and my job is to assist clients of ours with mortgage rescue scams.  One of my clients was taken for $2995 by Hays which left them without a modification.

No matter what Hays did, his business did violate current California Law which prohibits a business like Hays (yes, even if an attorney is involved and no matter what the contract says) from taking money before they have performed the work.  This is the law since October 2009.

Triton Law/Hays Law Center Saved My House!

AUTHOR: Robert Penca Sr. - (United States of America)

You should do your research or were probably turned down for a modification for other reasons. Triton makes no guarantees.  Read your contract. Most people create their own unrealistic idea of what a modification or multi plaintiff law suit will do for them. The case manager under promised and over delivered for my situation.  Don't blast Triton or Hays Law Center for not providing your modification. You probably should not have purchase the home you could almost afford anyway. I have seen your negative posts everywhere on the internet.

They reduced my interest rate on a modification and gave my son a fresh start with a modification. I would be on the street if it wasn't for their professional services. I spoke with case managers and Thomas P. Hays.  Tom's father is retired and is not practicing law.

This firm save my life and I will not forget it. They just started doing eviction and foreclosure delays. "Way to go Triton."

AUTHOR: Wade - (United States of America)

Who is making these wild claims about Triton Law. Talk is cheap. How were you scammed? Did Triton Law or Thomas Hays try to un-wind your mess and now all of your problems are their fault? If we were to ask 2,000 people who know you could we find anyone whod say youre a jerk? I know Tom personally. God as my witness, I have personally been in a quiet corner praying for all of the people who have huge needs and I know he is a good and decent man even when no one is looking. He is as good a man as I have ever met and Triton Law has completed thousands (thats 3-0s) of successful modifications.

If youve been contacted several times, did you ever think to answer the call and say, No Thank You or do you screen all your calls because you are running from all of your creditors?

I know the answer to my questions.

There were several complaints filed against Tom with the Cal. St. Bar and after a formal legal hearing the judge reviewed stacks of paperwork completed in each case and he ruled the plaintiffs received more services than they paid for and deemed the issue a matter of collections not judicial and the judge said Tom deserved more than what he received from each client and threw out every complaint.

Whoever spent a free minute to make these sweeping claims about Tom Hays, May God judge between you and me.

As for the BBB. Talk about a scam. BBB is a private company and if you don't pay them they will give you a bad score. Try the Bar Assn. the next time you want a true evaluation. The BBB is a legal version of paying the Mob for protection. Google their problems some time.

Hays Law Center no longer on internet or phone

AUTHOR: StopRescueScams - (United States of America)

Hays Law Center, William T Hays, attorney, cannot be located with the California Business registry and no longer has an internet presence.
However, since Triton is using the exact same address, it should be checked thoroughly before using them.
Registered agent has been changed for Hays and Associates to Daniel Hays with the same address as the company.
My clients paid Hays Law Center $2995 and got nothing.  So I am pursuing remedies in the state of California.
Glad I ran copies of what I found on these scammers before they took things off the internet.

#15 General Comment

William T Hays

AUTHOR: Anon - (U.S.A.)

The attorney mentioned above as the registered agent of Triton is the Hays that Hays Law Center presumably was named after.  It is William T Hays.  Not Thomas Hays.  There is not Thomas Hays licensed to practice law in California.  However, William Hays keeps popping up.  The companies he is associated with violate California State Law.   Consumers beware.  Do not ever pay anyone to do a mortgage loan modification of any kind or to do a "forensic" audit.  The service is free from your lender or from community and advocacy non-profits.