Complaint Review: Hayt, Hayt & Landau

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By:Clermont Florida
Hayt, Hayt & Landau
7765 S.w. 87 Avenue Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Hayt, Hayt & Landau UNFAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES, NOT A LAW FIRM, DEBT COLLECTORS Miami Florida

* : Update

There are actually a debt collector and misrepresent themselves as lawyers. I have found 2 lawsuits now against them, one in Pennsylvania and one in New York. They scare you into agreeing and settling by representing themselves as attornies when they are actually debt collectors. If you have been sent anything by them, contact your attorney general immediately. In fact if you call them, their answering machine after hours tells you they are only a debt collector. Wish I had called them before they took me to court. I thought I was in court with an attorney. BE CAREFUL with Hayt, Hayt & Landau. I am currently contacting another attorney against hayt. On May 23, 2007, they took me to court for a Capital One credit card that has a balance of $700 when my son was hospilized and I could no longer make payments. I did everything I could to try and make arrangements, but they would do nothing. I finally went to First American Debt and they were of course useless also and only increased my debt. The account was finally turned over to Hayt. We went to mediation as I said on May 23, 2007. The lawyer representing them wanted nothing to do with listening to what I had to say, he told me after reviewing my financial information, he said there was no way I could pay this bill. He suggested to me a judgment agreeing to the amount, told me in 3 months they would contact me with a questionairre and see if my financial situation changed at all and if not, when it did, I could make arrangements even if it took a couple years. He said the judgement would sit on file for the next 20 years. I am a single Mom of a 12 year old son with severe asthma with no child support, this sounded like the perfect solution, I figured it gave me enough time to eventually come up with the money and since he didn't want to listen to anything else and the mediator explained it over to me and agreed to what he was saying, I went and signed the form. Today I got a phone call from Hayt at my office even after they were told numerous times NOT to call my office and I put it in writing and they had a copy of the letter where I wrote it, they still called. They began threatening me with wage garnishment of 25% if I didn't pay it. I explained what the attorney told me and without any argument at all I was told the attorney at the mediation no longer worked with the firm and that the woman I was speaking with didn't even recognize the attornies name even though he signed the judgement also. I don't have the money they are demanding and I feel quite strongly after researching their firm and seeing there Pennsylvania office had a lawsuit brought against them regarding their debt collection practices, that they are completely aware of what the lawyers are doing. I would be more than happy to discuss any thing with them because as I was told by Hayt today, my financial information is all public anyway and I truly have nothing to hide. I have an appointment with an attorney for a free consultation on Monday. I signed that judgement under false pretenses and I am sure they knew exactly what they were doing. My number is 321-947-6645. If anybody else can give me any help dealing with this now, it would be so greatly appreciated.

Nancy
Clermont, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2007 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hayt-Hayt-Landau/Miami-Florida/Hayt-Hayt-Landau-UNFAIR-DEBT-COLLECTION-PRACTICES-NOT-A-LAW-FIRM-DEBT-COLLECTORS-Miam-284855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hayt, Hayt & Landau

#1

Update

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

The phone number is the original complaint has been disconnected.