Complaint Review: Heald College Milpitas

• Updated: Sat, December 31, 2011

• Reported By: alishamarie — los gatos California United States of America
Heald College Milpitas
341 Great Mall Parkway Milpitas, California United States of America

Heald College Milpitas Elmo Frazer PARALEGAL PROGRAM IS A SCAM Milpitas, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Deanza community college's paralegal program is ABA accredited.

I attended Heald College in Milpitas last year for several quarters. I was a straight A student with nearly a perfect attendance while I was enrolled in the Paralegal program. Due to very heavy accents, I could not understand the women in the financial aid and asked to speak with someone who could help and that's how I came to contact you. I have since sent several emails to the financial aid department requesting my records for review with no response.

Heald College was misrepresented to me by my aggressive intake counselor as an accelerated educational program, when in fact it is not. There was no mention of the fact that the program is an AAS degree program, which is 2 quarters short of an actuall AS degree. There were also misleading and deceptive statements made by instructors that the paralegal program would be ABA certified, which in fact it is not. The general courses I attended were not at a college level, whether intentionally or not, many had to be geared towards ESL students, as they are a majority at this campus. The paralegal program was represented to me by Alvernia as being an established program, when in fact it was a new program which was only in its first semester at that time. In the quarter before I left I spoke many times to Dianne , (the paralegal program manager) about my concerns that the paralegal program was not yet ABA certified. I also shared with her that the courses were not meeting my educational expectations. She knew of my concerns and suggested that the program may not be at a level suited for me. I made the decision to leave Heald because the educationally the classes were lacking structure and content. I am committed to a higher education; Heald misrepresented itself and did not deliver the education it promised and I am seeking a full refund of my tuition.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heald-College-Milpitas/Milpitas-California-95035/Heald-College-Milpitas-Elmo-Frazer-PARALEGAL-PROGRAM-IS-A-SCAM-Milpitas-California-775876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heald College Milpitas

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Deanza community college's paralegal program is ABA accredited.

AUTHOR: hoapres - (USA)

If you want a decent Silicon Valley paralegal program then go to Deanza community college whose program is ABA accredited.

The problem with ALL OF THE FOR PROFIT TRADE SCHOOLS is that the admissions people are always under pressure to "make a sale" and NOT interested in what is best for YOU.

The other problem with Heald like most for profit trade schools is that their credits don't usually transfer to other colleges.

Heald is way over priced with accurate or not doesn't really matter of poor quality for many employers.  One is ALWAYS better off both financially and educationally going to one of the low cost community colleges.