Complaint Review: Heald College

• Submitted: Fri, April 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 14, 2006

• Reported By:Martinez California
Heald College
5130 Commercial Circle Concord, California U.S.A.

Heald College I was ripped off, all lies, none of my credits were transferable Concord California

In 1998 while on AFDC I decided to attend Heald College. After speaking with the couselor and decided on the paralegal type program I signed up. I was told time and time again that all my credits would be transferable to JFK where I wanted to attend when I completed the 18 months at Heald. Late into my first quarter I contacted JFK and learned that absolutely none of my credits were transferable and that I would have to start all over at a college or community college and get my AA even if I had completed Heald. I dropped out immediately and tried and tried and tried to complain. Several weeks later I get a loan repayment notice saying I owe about 8 thousand dollars. Heald wouldn't release my records or return my letters or phone calls when I tried to dispute this. I have never had any success with them or the loan company. I, like the other person this happened to, have no problem with repaying the three months worth of tuition that I owe, but do not feel I should pay a dime more. Heald continues to misrepresent itself to individuals seeking to get an education. You can even view this on their website. I am now facing default on my student loans because I haven't yet found anyone that can help me to fix this.

Martinez, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2006 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heald-College/Concord-California-94520/Heald-College-I-was-ripped-off-all-lies-none-of-my-credits-were-transferable-Concord-Ca-186611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heald College