Complaint Review: Health America / Health Assurance

• Submitted: Fri, May 07, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010

• Reported By: brenda — harrisburg Pennsylvania United States of America
Health America / Health Assurance
3721 TECHPORT DRIVE,PO BOX 67103, HARRISBURG,PA HARRISBURG, ERIE, PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania United States of America

Health America / Health Assurance HEALTH AMERICA/HEALTH ASSURANCE PATIENT HARRISBURG, ERIE, PITTSBURGH , Pennsylvania

Coventry/Health America/health Assurance is the worst insurance. They put pressure on physicians not to give any prescriptions that cost too much. They deny all claims. When patients call they give them different stories each time. They harass physicians who do the procedures. They authorize procedures then they pay for it and then retroactively they come back and take it. Most Specialists doctors do not accept Health America and medicaid.

They do arm twisting of physicians who reccomend procedures. If I do not get my injection to my back every 3 months I can barely walk & I am unable to do my daily activities. My physician cannot give me the injection, because they have denied not medically necessary. My urologist, my dermatologist and my pain doctor does not accept Health America/Health Assurance.

They say my injection to the neck is experimental. When i had Highmark Blue cross blue shield they always covered all my injections. not once did I have any thing to worry about for 9years. Now i am always so stressed out.

Please somebody do something about this insurance. They have very good marketing techniques. If you can please go for Blue cross blue sheild or UPMC, but not Coventry health America.

This insurance company operates in a very unethical manner. They do everything in thier power to intimidate the physicians. My family doctor now does not accept Health America.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2010 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-America-Health-Assurance/HARRISBURG-ERIE-PITTSBURGH-Pennsylvania-17105/Health-America-Health-Assurance-HEALTH-AMERICAHEALTH-ASSURANCE-PATIENT-HARRISBURG-ERI-600995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health America / Health Assurance