Complaint Review: Health Fair

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 08, 2011

• Reported By: Jane — B''''ham Alabama USA
Health Fair

Health Fair No communication, didn't record my message, incomplete info B'ham, Internet

I signed up for the Health Fair diagnostic package when it was to be in Birmingham, A
I read the forms, paid by credit card online.

Two days before the appointment I was sick, knew I wouldn't be well enough to keep the appointment. First I e-mailed to the support address given in the confirmation e-mail. Didn't hear anything, so called & cancelled. The man I talked to said he would take care of it.
I called back the next day to make sure since I didn't receive any confirmation and they had no record of my call. This time a lady said she would take care of it.

I asked about the refund and was told someone from accounting would call me within 72 hrs.
I never heard. So I sent another e-mail to have a record, no response. Then called again, now it's been over a week. They said I didn't call until the day before & they don't usually give refunds for calling that late, BUT she would refund my payment minus the $25. There is nothing on the information anywhere about the $25 or the time to cancel. How do you know you're going to be sick? That's the very reason I called 2 days ahead! I wish I had gotten the first person's name and number.

This is very shady, terrible communication.  Be careful paying on the internet or on the phone.
Make sure you ask about the cancellation policy before sign up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Fair/internet/Health-Fair-No-communication-didnt-record-my-message-incomplete-info-Bham-Internet-750612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Fair