Complaint Review: Health Insurance Innovations

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Shonna — Belgrade Montana United States of America
Health Insurance Innovations

Health Insurance Innovations Secured Health DON"T let them sign you up! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Health Insurance Innovations RIPOFF!!!!

I went online to get some quotes for insurance when I lost my insurance.  I got a phone call from a man named Jeff.  He told me about this wonderful "insurance plan" that would give me insurance, covered my doctors, prescriptions were only $10 for generic and tier levels were used for brand names, etc.  I swallowed it hook line and sinker.  What a fool.  I was not happy with the things I was to agree that I understood on a recording and I should have just said forget it there.  Then, I got my plan details in my email and as I read them, I was shocked.  This wasn't even insurance, just a discount services plan and NONE of my doctors were listed.  Additionally, all but one of my generic medications were in their highest tier at $50+ per refill.  I was so mad at myself.  I didn't look into it like I should have. The guy I talked to when I enrolled gave me his extension number and asked me to call him if I had any questions, but when I called I was informed I would not be able to talk to him and I would have to talk to her.  I cancelled the service and got the run around asking for a cancellation confirmation.  I now show the refund but have never received anything to say the service has been cancelled.  Now that i have read other reports on here about them, I am glad i got out in the beginning. I would not sign with this company at all if I were you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Insurance-Innovations/internet/Health-Insurance-Innovations-Secured-Health-DONT-let-them-sign-you-up-Internet-969971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Insurance Innovations

Health Insurance Innovations RIPOFF!!!!

AUTHOR: Zack - ()

My boyfriend signed up for this so called insurance, I used my health savings card, authorizing only one payment.  The coverage that we were told was not anything closely represented to the actual truth.  His doctor would not accept the insurance and the "insurance company" would not authorize coverage for his appointment- even though we were told they would.  I sent David, the insurance guy, an email, requesting to cancel insurance, as well as my boyfriend requested as well.  They got ahold of my new HSA account and started withdrawing money without my authorization.  I will be taking legal measures on my own, but DONT go with this insurance company.  They lie, cheat and steal.