Complaint Review: Health Option One

• Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: ryder — Lexinton Kentucky United States of America
Health Option One
160 Eileen way Syosset, New York United States of America

Health Option One Lead me to believe my policy was cancelled, lied about termination policy, was rude, and then mocked me! Syosset, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Some confusion

On 6/4/11 I signed up for Health option one policy. I signed up with good faith and trust. I didn't receive my paper work as I was told I would and they said they would send it out over night. I did receive the paper work called and asked questions about the policy. I was put on hold for 20 minutes and no one could answer my questions. After that little bout I decided to cancel my policy and since it was with in the time period there was no problem. I canceled on 6/10/11, I even called on 6/11/11 to make sure and was told it had been done.  I took it that I was done with the  company so I moved on. Come to find out that they have been charging me month since 6/10/11.  I called my Discover card and they are helping me get my money back.

I called the company today 6/25/2012 and they treated me so badly I was almost in tears. They told me that I was out of luck and laughed and said why didn't I check my statements. They gave me this bull story how they didn't take cancelations over the phone, which the paper work I have said that is how I am supposed to cancel. I asked them to please go back to the recording and check the tapes, they said they dont tape conversations. Then they tried to tell me that I used my policy for a prescription in March of this year. I called my pharmacy and they said no, I've never used the policy., plus I get my prescriptions from Canada.

The manager that I talked to Sandy, said she understood but if I would of managed my money and checked my statements this wouldn't be a problem.  I told her that I no longer want the policy, she said could you hold on so they could tape my cancelation. They are using a double standard to suit them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Option-One/Syosset-New-York-11791/Health-Option-One-Lead-me-to-believe-my-policy-was-cancelled-lied-about-termination-poli-902814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Option One

Some confusion

AUTHOR: stu - (United States of America)

All clients are informed in a recorded verification that they must contact the plan administrator, not the agent, to cancel. This would account for any billing beyond the supposed cancellation date. As one of the mail order pharmacies the plan utilizes is in Canada, the client did in fact receive prescriptions at a discounted rate through the plan. Any complaint of rudeness is taken seriously and those involved were reprimanded and/or terminated.