Complaint Review: Health Partners

• Submitted: Thu, June 03, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 15, 2010

• Reported By: cmccabe — minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Health Partners
8100 34th ave s, bloomington, Minnesota Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Health Partners Infertility Benefits Minneapolis, Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: HealthPartners Infertility Benefits

I have had an individual health plan with Health Partners for going on 10 years.  I am healthy and thus have made very few claims.  About 2 years ago, I started using infertility services as my husband and I were trying to have a child but were unsuccessful.  We are both self-employed and unfortunately lost a large portion of our income in the economic downtown.  As a result, we put off additional treatments until our financial situation changed.  Recently, I received a notice from Health Partners informing me that while my insurance premiums will be increasing they will no longer cover infertility treatments.  After speaking to them, there response was basically, "they can do whatever they want."  It's not possible to change plans since all plans have a mandatory 18 month waiting period for maternity coverage and will likely exclude infertility treatment given my earlier claims.  Given my age, it is pretty much now or never for a baby and Health Partners seems to think they can eliminate coverage because I made claims.  For anyone reading this, please boycott Health Partners and/or send them an email telling them there practices are wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2010 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Partners/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55419/Health-Partners-Infertility-Benefits-Minneapolis-Minnesota-609849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Partners

HealthPartners Infertility Benefits

AUTHOR: HealthPartners - (United States of America)

HealthPartners understands and would like to speak to you regarding the upcoming infertility benefit changes.

Please contact Barb B. at 952-967-7562.  She is a representative in our Member Services department.