Complaint Review: Health Science Institute

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Yvonne — Beaverton Oregon USA
Health Science Institute
819 North Charles Street... Internet United States of America

Health Science Institute Agora Publishing This is a scam. company selling membership in return you get a book they say the government is going to ban...Miracles from the vault, Internet

*Consumer Comment: shill much?

*General Comment: "FREE" is ONLY FREE when it is truly Free!

*Consumer Comment: HSI Has Helped Me Regain Health

*General Comment: Aggressive Defense

*Consumer Comment: Unjustified Attack

*General Comment: FairUse999 (Really?)

*Consumer Comment: Miracles from the Vault is NO SCAM

*General Comment: hsi scam

*Consumer Comment: Read miracles from the vault

*UPDATE Employee: From HSI

This company is a scam.  They sell a membership min of one year and in return they give a free book called Miracles of the Valut, anthothlogy of underground cures.    The book is suppose to have many secrets from science lab and studies giving cures for many health issues.   They try to pressure everyone into thinking the government is going to ban these secrets and the book only has very few copies in print.  They say the government does not want these facts to get out because people would be cured of many issues and it would effect the health system as we know it.

This advertisement came in my email.  It is a video that explains all about the book saying it is free and then at the end they want a membership to get the book free. The reports so far state they recieved a book with no information on their issue not the whole book.  Each person reported there was no secrets in the booklet.

I am just adding to this report to let everyone know their latest scam.  The years past they sold the book taking just specific issues out of the book.  Now they are saying the book is free and you get the whole book of secrets. You must buy the membership to get the book.  I am sure it is useless info just like the other reports said.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Science-Institute/internet/Health-Science-Institute-Agora-Publishing-This-is-a-scam-company-selling-membership-in-re-1013514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Science Institute

shill much?

AUTHOR: nobody - (USA)

this book is a perfect example of PT Barnum in action.  THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE

#2 General Comment

"FREE" is ONLY FREE when it is truly Free!

AUTHOR: RANGER RICK - (USA)

Don't tell me that something is "FREE" if you are required to pay for a membership in order to get it.  This is one of many "BAIT-AND-SWITCH" advertising campaigns.  You cannot get the so-called "FREE" book without paying for it.  Therefore, it is a SCAM by definition!

HSI Has Helped Me Regain Health

AUTHOR: Pam - (USA)

I have read the complains about HSI. First of all, the book, Miracles from the Vault, has a LOT of valuable information about natural remedies for various health issues, some of which I have followed and achieved great success with. When they advertise that their book is free--it IS free, but in order to obtain a copy, you have to become a member. This is common practice for many groups who are offering whatever it is they are offering--financial publications, health publications, etc. You become a member AND you get a free book or free booklets containing information of interest to you. HSI is among many organizations that give away free products for becoming a member; it's just good advertising in my opinion. I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge about natural remedies through this organization and I recommend them without reservation.

I also know several doctors who use the information they get from HSI in treating their patients. HSI has a panel of medical doctors and scientists who evaluate supplements on the market and make recommendations of the best of the best for various health problems. The people who have bad-mouthed them are probably not aware of how advertising works and probably not aware of the health benefits achieved by using some of their recommended products. And by the way, MOST of the products they recommend are not their own--they are made by other companies. Often, if you are an HSI member, you will be able to get discounts from the various manufacturers of some of the recommended remedies. I give HSI an A+++ for the information they have put together to help people.

#4 General Comment

Aggressive Defense

AUTHOR: Scooty's Dad - (USA)

Fairuse,

I wonder do you work directly for the company or are you an employee of a PR firm hired to negate any negative posting?

Unjustified Attack

AUTHOR: FairUse999 - (USA)

Why is it assumed that if a former customer defends a company, that person must somehow be secretly affiliated with it, but if  person attacks a company, such as HSI, that person is automatically fair and unbiased? I mentioned very clearly that I have no affiliation, whatsoever, with HSI. I live in the Western part of the US, and HSI is in Maryland. I've never even been to Maryland.

In one of the othe rebuttals HSI clearly identified themselves as being employed by the company, so why would they then post another rebuttal which secretly misidentifies themselves as one of the public. It doesn't make sense. What really matters is that if one actually reads Secrets from the Vault they will see that what I wrote is 100% true- everything is referenced with real scientific articles when available. Those are facts that cannot be disputed or misrepresented. It really is an excellent reference, and from everything I have experienced, a reputable company.

#6 General Comment

FairUse999 (Really?)

AUTHOR: Scooty's Dad - (USA)

FairUse999's must be their attempt to influence the search engine.

I wonder which PR person wrote this one.

Miracles from the Vault is NO SCAM

AUTHOR: FairUse999 - (USA)

I have a BS in Chemistry from UCLA and this enables me to carefully examine with a scientific eye both mainstream and alternative medicine solutions. I have no affiliation with HSI whatsoever, other than that I was a member for a period of time, and may consider becoming one again in the future.

The bottom line is that I have found Miracles from the Vault to be absolutely excellent. It is one of the few books I have found that thoroughly describes the science behind the vast number of alternative remedies discussed in the book, so that the reader can do further research if needed. The book is well organized, the companies that sell the remedies, as well as the prices for those remedies, are clearly laid out, and and contraindications, if they are known, are clearly mentioned in the book. Best of all, the book references scientific articles that support the claims made in the book, and references them so that the reader can verify them and do further research on them. Just like is found in traditional science.

This book is one of my go to references for alternative medicine. In fact, it is my primary reference in this regard. In regards to HSI in general, I have never found anything dishonest in any of my dealing with them. I had the membership for a year, decided to cancel, kept the book, and have had absolutely no problems with any of that. This is a quality company from everything I have experienced, and I highly recommend their services. I hope that helps!

#8 General Comment

hsi scam

AUTHOR: don.m - ()

One should never take a single source as the gospel truth. However HSI is a good place to start your investagation. Most financial news letters are a lot worse than HSI ever thought of being. You listen to their 45 minutes to to hour presintation vedio to get this free info which turns out you have to buy their expensive news letter. And when investing by their suggestioin the stocks takes a dive and you loose your money. With HSI you get good basic information.

Read miracles from the vault

AUTHOR: Johnson4962 - ()

I signed up and received my copy of miricules from the vault . I found the information to be extremely helpful .

1. There is no way I would of found the information or many of the helpful natural supplements mentioned in the book on my own or just by surfing the web . The book was fascinating and informative . In fact I'm going to order two more copies for family members As far as im concerned me book  was worth every penny I paid and more .

From HSI

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

Hi there! I work with the team at the Health Sciences Institute. We did recently run a promotion offering our "Miracles from the Vault" as a free gift with a paid one-year membership. The great thing about an HSI membership is that if you decide to cancel your membership before it expires, we refund the balance in full (and you can still keep the book). We've gotten great feedback about "Miracles from the Vault" and welcome any and all questions or comments about the content. While we cannot provide personalized medical advice, we do take our customer's comments into consideration when planning what goes into the newsletter that comes with a membership. You can visit our website at www.hsionline.com to email our editorial team and offer your input.