Complaint Review: Health Sciences Institute

• Submitted: Wed, September 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By: Frank b — Brooklyn New York U.S.A.
Health Sciences Institute
819 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 Internet United States of America

Health Sciences Institute HSI, HSIONLINE Offering products for diabetes that aren't even available in the US , Internet

*General Comment: Pharmacological Investigations Have Been Made!

*Consumer Comment: Really Common Sense?

*General Comment: Maybe...maybe not

*UPDATE Employee: From HSI

*Consumer Comment: Common sense

*Consumer Comment: Internet source for product

I received an email from this company recently. It has an audio file presentation attached to the email. The audio claims to have information about an amazing 6 week cure for diabetes. Since I have this debilitating disease I was very curious to find out more. In order to get more information you have to buy a pamphlet (downloadable) called "8 Ways to Defeat Diabetes."  So, I paid $19.95 and ordered the pamphlet. The one solution that is the main focus of the audio is a Japanese Sweet Potato product know as Caiapo. I found out, after purchasing the pamphlet, that this product is not available in the US. I really feel as though I am the victim of a bait and switch sales pitch. If this company was really interested in helping diabetics they would have revealed in their selling point audio that the product is not currently available in the US.  Instead, the audio fills you with false hope...and that's the worst kind of bull marketing out their.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Health-Sciences-Institute/internet/Health-Sciences-Institute-HSI-HSIONLINE-Offering-products-for-diabetes-that-arent-even-a-645772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Health Sciences Institute

#1 General Comment

Pharmacological Investigations Have Been Made!

AUTHOR: MsKnight - ()

I also was led to inquire the authenticity of claims by the Health Sciences Institute of the efficacy of nutraceutical caiapo, an extract of sweet potato.

Research revealed a site called drugs.com which very succintly lists studies, results of studies, with footnotes of all details in a somewhat easy read for a layperson.  I had to google several terms for a fuller understanding of some qualities of caiapo to completely understand all the information.

I am convinced that with ones own diligent follow-through and research that an extremely beneficial result can be obtained by the use of this product for several surprising ailments. (surprising for me, a layperson) Contraindications and toxicity are limited to folks with hypersensitivity reactions to the plant.

I know nothing about the company complained about, but the product offered for consideration should not be dismissed.

Do your own research - scratch below the surface of conspiracy theorists and rabbleraisers, and get to real documentation.  All I had to do was google, and search for legitimate medical studies, rather than rumour mills.

check out www.drugs.com/npp/sweet-potato.html

promote knowledge.  knowledge is power.

Likewise, google also supplied quite an array of vendors for variations of this extract as well as suggested dosages for each ailment researched.  very interesting!

Wow - I found all this info without buying the book! lol - you can, too!

Really Common Sense?

AUTHOR: Donald - ()

A natural cure has little value because it cannot be pattened!  That is why bigPharma not only does not sell natural cures but actively works against them using their toads at the FDA!  That my friend is common sense!

#3 General Comment

Maybe...maybe not

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - ()

I am only a consumer. If you research the FDA and actually look on the government sites, youwill learn the FDA has approved drugs that kill over 300,000 people a year in the U.S.  I would call that genicide, wouldn't you?  Yet, we trust them. I learned of a natural RA drug that truly stops arthritis, as did many, many people.  It is called Reumafon Plus (spelling).  All of the sudden the FDA sent out a blitz of warnings about this product.  It seems ONE person had an adverse affect, but not sure what it was buthis certainly did not kill them.  You see, with some investigation, it appears the FDA and Pharmaceutical companies are very close.  Every single person we know who used Reumafon was free of arthritis.  Which meant, the more people using it, with zero side effects, the ess the pharmaceutical companies were making with their drugs which are dangerous and do have side effects.  So th's blitz scare tactic, because it is manufactured in Mexico certainly must ave prevented many from ever trying it.  What a shame we believe everything which is reported to us, never thinking money or power would be the motive behind the report.

So, is it possible that we really do have natural resources that can help us and cure us, without using dangeroussynthetic drugs?  Is there a natural product that will cure diabetes, but has been hushed by our government intities?  I believe there are and I also believe the American people are way too quick to believe what they are told

Advertising is powerful.  The FDA and Pharmaceutical companies are powerful.  Do physicians get rewards for prescribing their medications?  Do Pharmaceutical companies actually place vendingmatypes with their drugs in hospitals?  You bet they do.

So, I would not be so quick to say that there is not a cure for diabetes, unless you know that for a fact.

I am in the process now of trying some natural healing remedies to get off the synthetic drugs.  Just because they are natural, does not mean you still do not have to be careful for interactions.  I will report back when I knw something.

I used to be opposed to Eastern Alternative Medicines, too, but when I realized our drugs were killing us, I started doing my wn research.

(Please forgive the words my iPad change, I cannot read this small font, so I cannot edit my submitted response.)

From HSI

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

Hello Frank. My name is Melissa and I am a part of HSI's customer service team. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with the information found in "8 Ways to Defeat Diabetes". Our goal is to provide our subscribers with the information they need, from a trusted source, that may not be easy to find or readily available through traditional outlets. While I can understand your frustration, the report does include a directory of providers/vendors that you can contact to purchase the ingredients/supplements mentioned. I do value your feedback and even though this is beyond our refund window, I would like to offer you a complete refund if you havent already received one. Please contact me at melissaj@hsionline.com or 443-353-4030 between 8:30 am to 5 pm EST to receive your refund and/or offer any additional feedback.

Common sense

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Anyone who truly discovered a "6 week cure for diabetes" would be an overnight billionaire and would not be trying to peddle $20 pamphlets on the Internet.  The only folks would do that are scammers who have no cure, but want your $20.

Internet source for product

AUTHOR: LWS - (United States of America)

A quick search of the internet revealed this source for the product mentioned: