Complaint Review: HealthMarkets, Alliance For Affordable Services, Midwest Nat'l, Cornerstone America, Carl Grimshaw

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 08, 2010

• Reported By:San Diego California
9666 Businesspark Ave # 210 San Diego, California U.S.A.

HealthMarkets, AlliHealthMarkets, Alliance For Affordable Services, HealthMarkets, Alliance For Affordable Services, Midwest Nat'l, Cornerstone America, Carl Grimshaw Invited me in for an interview, then refused to interview me and others for age, sex, race. San Diego California

*General Comment: You are kidding?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: cry me a river

Carl Grimshaw from Alliance for Affordable Services, or HealthMarkets or Midwest National, or Cornerstone America (can't really figure out which is the parent company) sent me an email stating that he found my resume online and invited me in for an interview. I walked in and was led to a room full of other people and realized that instead of a personal interview I'd have to view a long presentation.

We were asked to place a copy of our resumes on the front table and I took a seat near the front. Mr. Grimshaw spoke for roughly 40 minutes and I was actually interested in the opportunity and based off of my background felt I would be an excellent candidate. He then stated that the next step would be for those not interested to leave, and that he would proceed with personal interviews of those who remained.

Mr. Grimshaw then walked up to various people and shook there hands (including myself) and said thanks for coming. I just thought he was being nice, but then realized after the others whose hands he shook were leaving, that he was basically stating he wasn't interested. I was a little pissed off because what was he basing this on, looks?

He surely didn't review my resume because it was on the table at the front of the room. Then I realized every person that was remaining was male, and white. Though I would have been an excellent fit with the firm, I surely don't want to work for a racist or bigoted company. It's sad too because when you google any of the business names a bunch of terrible reports pop-up.

Kozand
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HealthMarkets-Alliance-For-Affordable-Services-Midwest-Natl-Cornerstone-America-Carl-Grimshaw/San-Diego-California-92131/HealthMarkets-AlliHealthMarkets-Alliance-For-Affordable-Services-HealthMarkets-Allianc-425385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HealthMarkets, Alliance For Affordable Services, Midwest Nat'l, Cornerstone America, Carl Grimshaw

#1 General Comment

You are kidding?

AUTHOR: Me112233 - (United States of America)

You stated your belief that this company is a horrible outfit, but you are mad that you didn't get the job? That's sort of like the egtistical guy who has a fat girl tell him she doesn't want to date him -- not that he actually wants to date her, but it bothers him that a fat girl turned him down before HE got the chance to turn her down first.

Now, get a life.  I'm sure that once in a while a minority or woman misses out on an opportunity becuase of race/gender.  But in this country, that doesn't happen too very often these days.  Most places are more likely to give women and minorities every benefit of the doubt during the hiring process, and if there are a surplus of qualified appliants, the white males are typically the one kicked out the door first, so that the women and minorities will have a chance for the job. (We call that Affirmative Action.)  In many cases, even LESSER QUALIFIED women and minorities are given jobs ahead of white heterosexual males.  Do you realize that fully half of the blacks admitted to medical and law schools wouldn't have had a prayer of getting in if they happened to be white?  But I digress . . .

The recruiter probably sized you up, and decided you didn't have what it takes to work in a rip-off company.  And yes, it takes a special sort of person to funtion well as an saleman of an obviously inferior product.  He simply wanted to save the time spent fooling with someone that he perceived might ask questions about ethics and/or the quality/price of the product being sold.  There are numerous companies that rely on high-octane, moralless BS artists to push their overpriced, questionable-quality products into the market, and if you aren't a high-octane, moralless BS artist, you aren't getting hired no matter what color your skin is or wheter you are the proud owner of a penis.  And FYI, all the salespeople are independent contractors, so the company technically is not involved with employment discrimination even if they are making decisions based on race or gender.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

cry me a river

AUTHOR: Eddie - (U.S.A.)

So, you didn't know what your resume said? If you did, you wouldn't have had to review it. Evidently, Mr. Grimshaw, whom I've never met, must have seen that you were not a fit for his company based on the resume you left with him. BTW, I loathe this company, but you need to realize that just because you think you would be a good fit for their company doesn,t make it true.

It is also my opinion that any company in the U.S. should have the right to discriminate based on race, age, religion, sex, or anything else they want to discriminate on. In this country, you nor anyone else, has the right to be hired by anyone. You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...and so does any corporation or company!!!!!

So, if they don't want you, go somewhere else and get over yourself. Prove to them that they screwed up by not hiring you (based on what I know about this company, you should be glad they didn't want you) by writing a bunch of business with their competitor.