Complaint Review: Healthcare Times Midland Publications

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Capt. Yano — Coden Alabama
Healthcare Times Midland Publications
40 Shuman Blvd Naperville, Illinois USA

Healthcare Times Midland Publications Beware of Healthcare Times Phone Scam Naperville Illinois

*Author of original report: Response to Mid-Land

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We confirm all orders verbally and in writing.

While I was working, I received a telemarketer /solicitor phone call from this company trying to persuade me to advertise in their publication. Unfamiliar with them, I told the lady she could send me information.   Instead, I received a bill.  I never agreed to advertise but they continued to send bills and then threaten to turn it over to a collection agency.  I never signed a contract, sent in artwork, or granted permission for them to use my company name in association with their company.

When I called the company, it confirmed my suspicion this was a scam.  They answered the phone with a simple “hello” instead of using an appropriate professional greeting.  I spoke with Mike and he was rude and arrogant once again exhibiting a lack of professionalism.  I guess he is always on the defensive side since he uses deceptive practices in his business.

I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and plan to contact the Attorney General if they continue to pursue this fraudulent claim.  Take my advice, if you ever receive a call from these people, hang up immediately!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Healthcare-Times-Midland-Publications/Naperville-Illinois/Healthcare-Times-Midland-Publications-Beware-of-Healthcare-Times-Phone-Scam-Naperville-Il-1124749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Healthcare Times Midland Publications

Response to Mid-Land

AUTHOR: Capt. Yano - ()

If what you claim is true, why haven't you produced any evidence as requested numerous times????  The answer is because it does not exist.  I did not agree to advertise, I did speak to a 3rd party rep but I only consented to receive more information, and I did not receive a proof of the ad.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We confirm all orders verbally and in writing.

AUTHOR: George - ()

In response to Mr. Serra Yano of Speck Tackle Lure in Coden AL.

At the time of his ad placement, October 24th, 2013 a verifier (third party) got on the phone to confirm his placement. As for all accounts sold in our office this is a practice we use. The verifier will go over the cost, billing address, email and wesbite address and most importantly confirm the client agrees to the palcement. We also, confirmed we would go to his website to create his ad.

Our records indicate that Mr. Serra agreed and gave us all the correct information we asked for.

The next step we take is to mail a printed letter of confirmation the next day reconfirming in writing the cost and particulars of the order including our phone number and address. This was sent to Mr. Serra and to his attention. We then email the client an ad proof, which again was done.

We take these strict percautions because we are incurring costs and expense on the ad order, before any monies are due from the client. On November 14th, 2013 we sent invoicing and copies of Mr. Serra's ad, 45 days later we sent a reminder asking for payment in the amount of $225 and 15 days after that we sent another reminder requesting payment. All notices have our phone number and address on it.

After no payment or any response from Mr. Serra we called for payment on Febuary 6th, 2014 some 3 months after his placement and after four mailed notices confirming placement and requesting payment. So on the 6th it was a surprised to us that he knew nothing about this and only wanted information. When asking why he didn't respond to all our notices, he indicated he didn't open our mail.

No money has been paid to us by Mr. Serra for our costs to create, post and print his ad. On this account and with all our clients we take every percaution to make sure everything is done correctly, confirmed and the client is satisfied with their ad copy. We extend full credit because we are confident we will do the right thing and satisfy our clients. Unfortunately, it appears we fell short with Mr. Serra.

We hope this clients claim will not deter other potential clients from using and taking advantage of our services and this excellent professional health care market we have.

Thank you for reviewing.