Complaint Review: Healy's Noble Friends, Cheryl Healy

• Submitted: Tue, June 08, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
Healy's Noble Friends, Cheryl Healy
4049 Beckwith Road Mount Juliet, Tennessee U.S.A.

Healy's Noble Friends, Cheryl Healy Takes Deposit No Puppy, Ripoff, Steals Money, Beware, Money Thief, Dishonest, Liard Mount Juliet Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: This Breeder Should Be Put Out Of Business

*Consumer Comment: This is sad

*Consumer Comment: I Had The Same Problem with Healy Kennels

*Consumer Comment: AKC Champions, etc

*Consumer Comment: Oh my Gosh Here we go again 2

*Consumer Comment: Oh my gosh here we go again.

*Consumer Comment: Pictures of her Champions in the Annual?

*Consumer Comment: I know for a fact that the Healy kennel has been checked out by A.K.C., The TBI, The FBI, The Tn.Agricultural dept.,The Tn. Veterinarian association, Nashville Airport airlines,since 9/11, Animal control, &the humane society

*Consumer Comment: We have 2 beautiful Healy Saints!

*Consumer Comment: I have two great dogs

*Consumer Comment: Cheryl Healy: Excellent Breeder

*Consumer Comment: A Pack of Lies

*Consumer Comment: I am none of the above and you know that Jamie!

Cheryl Healy is more than happy to brag herself up as being the best Saint Bernard breeder around, but you will never auctually find anything out about any of her dogs or puppies that she is having.

I sent a deposit after seeing many written and emailed references about her and her puppies, but once she received my money, she never answered any questions about the litter or litters that I was suppose to receive a puppy from. She did send a few pictures when I requested them (when the puppies were several weeks old already, although I was promised pictures at newborn, 2, 4 and 6 weeks).

Conveniently the pictures were always of the exact opposite of the type of puppy that I had put a deposit down for (I wanted a male, but never saw any pictures of male puppies, only female, I wanted a full mantle, never saw any pictures of full mantled puppies, only broken mantle and splashed coated puppies) and then when I finally have had enough and request a refund, she no longer answers me. It's like she has disappeared off of the face of the earth.

After this problem, I have also heard from very reputible Saint Bernard breeders that are members of the Saint Bernard Club of America (SBCA) that she has a very bad reputation and that she cannot be trusted and you should never buy a puppy from Cheryl Healy. She is not a member of any club or orginazation that benefits dogs and she has been know to send very sickly puppies to individuals that have paid good money for a guaranteed dog or puppy.

I will chalk this one up to an expensive lesson learned, but beware, you will never receive a well bred Saint Bernard AKC registered, champion sired puppy from Cheryl Healy, it's all a lie!

Jamie
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2004 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Healys-Noble-Friends-Cheryl-Healy/Mount-Juliet-Tennessee-37122-4808/Healys-Noble-Friends-Cheryl-Healy-Takes-Deposit-No-Puppy-Ripoff-Steals-Money-Beware-94120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Healy's Noble Friends, Cheryl Healy

This Breeder Should Be Put Out Of Business

AUTHOR: Mary - (United States of America)

This breeder should be totally put out of business and banned from ever owning an animal. She is a liar and only cares about the money she has no reguard for the dogs or their puppies she is only a puppy mill. It is a shame no one has stopped her after all these years. These poor dogs live in small pens with poop up over their ankles and buckets full of water that is green 95% of the time. Every dog she sells dies within 4 years of their life from some disease or problem some are aggressive and they do not get any attention except when a cup of food is thrown over the fence.

She has been convicted of many counts of forgrey for forgering health certificates because the puppies were not healthly and could not pass the vets approval so she just took an old one and whited it out and signed his name and changed the rest and she was convicted a felony conviction check with all the vets in Mt Juliet I am not sure which one it was but there are only about 4 so easy to find the one she did this too.

Complaint after complaint has gone in to AKC an nothing has been done, she was kicked out of the Saint Bernard club of America and at one time her kids would not even have anything to do with her but I heard since she is such a con artist that she has them convinced she is dieug so they are coming around which I thing I have heard that rumor for many years. Do not deal with with this woman all she has is sick unheathly dogs that need to be taken away. It is a sad deal and no one will do anything. This woman is a con and a liar and do not buy a dog or a puppy from her if anything please help have these poor dogs taken from her.

This is sad

AUTHOR: Robin - (U.S.A.)

I know nothing of this breeder and am not writing to slam her or praise her. However, I WAS the owner of FOUR quality Saint Bernards for the last seven years.
Those that breed and know about Saint Bernards also SHOULD know that these poor sweet Saints only live to be 10 years old at the very MOST. They suffer because of their gigantic size, with every muscle and bone problem known to the canine world. If you happen to own one of these precious dogs and live in the south, where it's hot, these dogs suffer unbearably from the heat, even if their fur is shaved down to help them.
If I would have investigated this breed, I would have chosen not to purchase one. Granted, they are truly the best gentle dogs I've ever owned, but so many saints are just given to shelters or rescue operations because the owners didn't understand the expense or what it takes to own one of these precious dogs. They didn't realize how much it takes to feed them or keep them on supplements for their hip problems or muscle problems due to their gigantic size.
I'm writing this just because more people need to be informed of the details of owning one of these dogs before they ever purchase one. They need to be aware of what it will take so that the dog they purchase doesn't end up in a shelter somewhere being euthanized or end up in a rescue shelter living in a cage.
These poor dogs are the sweetest, most precious dogs in the world and they deserve not only good breeders, but breeders who will inform their prospective buyers exactly what it takes to be responsible for one, and not to just make money off of them.
Thanks for letting me vent....whoever this breeder is, I just hope they will read this and inform their buyers of what it takes to be responsible for the dog they are selling. These precious dogs are too sweet to be thrown to the pound as they grow to be the large dogs they are. Just my humble opinion....

I Had The Same Problem with Healy Kennels

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I February 2000 we contracted with Cheryl to purchase a puppy female St. Bernard. She stated that these dogs were top blood lines with no defects and she would provide a warranty with the dog. She said that she would ship the dog to us via air freight. After 3 months and many excuses we never received the dog. It was only after threatening to come to TN did she meet us with the puppy.

Two months after receiving the puppy we had not received the AKC paperwork. Again many excuses were made. Additonally "Casey" started to develop severe medical problems... Hip Diplasia. She also had a life threatening genetic defect which caused her stomach to ruputure and dump it's contents into her abdomen. My wife and I spent 3 weeks at Virginia Tech Animal Hospital nursing Casey back to health. The bill for this was only $5,000.

Sadly in October 2001 Casey suffered another stomach rupture and we had to put her down. We did everything medically possible to save her life. I can't tell you the emotional pain my family went through becuase of this.

There is only one good thing that had become of all of this... We purchased Casey on a Credit Card and because Cheryl has grossly mis-represented Casey she was charged back the entire amount. Actually it was her Mother who was charged back becuase Cheryl does not even have an account with VISA so she ran ti through her Mother's account. FYI... Cheryl also passed a BAD check to resolve the issue.

The moral of the story... NEVER BUY A DOG FROM HER!

JAMIE I feel your pain...

AKC Champions, etc

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

Lynn, I was wondering if you have ever owned a Healy pup? Bred to one or raised one? You seem to be such an expert on them.

Well, I have. I have raised and bred Healy dogs for over 12 years. I have raised happy healthy Healy pups, bred them, and by the way they were natural breedings and natural whelping. I know many people who are happy Healy owners, but we do not have an axe to grind. Naturally it's the squeeking gate that makes the news, unfortunately.

The pups that I have gotten from Cheryl are all shown and pointed. Any failings they had in the show ring was due to my inadequate handling as a complete novice. Now I have one girl almost finished and an 18 month bitch who already has a major. Another is going for her draft dog title. They all cart and love it.They give wagon rides and raise money for Saint Bernard rescue.I am a member of the SBCA.

As far as AKC Champions go, I have papers from AKC that show the my Ben was sired by CH. Healy's Iron Icebreaker OH NO ( CH.Icey ). I bred a bitch to CH. Healy's Beau Brummel O' Palabar owned by Dr. P. Allinson of MD.I also have a grand daughter of CH. Healy's Rollin and a Strollin ( CH. Hambone). They all have documented AKC papers.

I have personally met, either at Cheryl's or at an
AKC show, CH. Healy's The Chickadee Flowerbelle, CH. Healy's Frankly My Dear I Don't, CH. Healy's Great Balls of Fire, CH. Healy's Breakout Pandemonium, CH. Healy's Rock A My Soul O'Panda, to name a few. At several specialties I met CH.Healy's UP ON Cloud Nine O'Panda, and AM.CA CH. Bubbalicious Ruffus. I can't forget her latest Champion, CH.Healy's He Dropped A Bomb On Me. Kaboom and I have spent many nights together getting groomed for a show.

How many champions have you bred? What have you done to improve the Saint Bernard? That's a question we all need to ask.

The only problems that Cheryl's European bloodlines have shown up with, is when she introduced some old american bloodlines into her line. If asked she will be glad to share privately those old american lines that offer serious genetic problems.

Oh my Gosh Here we go again 2

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Furthermore, I am sitting here looking at a letter from SBCA requesting photos of the Healy champions, dated May 2004,and Healy champions have been in the annuals since 1974.DUH!

Lynnie,
You're at it again aren't you? It's never anything to do with you, only hearsay, which is what I had said in last post.

There are many champions of record you need to check with A.K.C.to verify what you think you are talking about.Again, same old cliche's mind your own business & it is better to keep your mouth shut & APPEAR stupid than to open it & remove ALL DOUBT.

You must have an awful lot of time on your hands or perhaps it's jealousy,can't figure out why you & your little "click" want to continue this conspiracy,against Healy's Noble Friends,when you have never even had any dealings with them.

Anyway, takes all kinds sheesh.

Pictures of her Champions in the Annual?

AUTHOR: Lynnie - (U.S.A.)

I have several comments to make, the first is regarding Cheryl Healy's claim that the SBCA has requested pictures of her Champions to put in our Annual. To my knowledge, the only champions that she has were not made champions of record for the required years. She needs to make public the names of these dogs that she claims the editor is asking for.
I have dealt with many people over the last 11 years who have bought dogs from Cheryl Healy, they come with worms, with mange, with genetic faults that are not the fault of the puppy, but the fault of the breeder, namely Cheryl. She should have to deal with the heartache, the grief, the huge vet bills that these unsuspecting people have dealt with.
For all her "experience" as a breeder, she should know better.
To any & all interested parties,
I feel compelled to respond to these,because it has actually become comical to me, now.First, I'd like to explain that I am speaking from the point of view, that I actually know what I am talking about.I have experienced it first hand,& not just a & I want to be rehhhhly generous here when I say "educated guess",or even a single occuring perception,of an experience.

There is an old attache'have a good experience tell 5 people, have a bad experience tell 500.I could prove 10 times over owners of Healy saints,that are extremely satisfied & yes I said prove!I welcome you to challenge me on this since it obviously seems so important to you.I would then like to request to check out your background in your business & personal affairs.

Furthermore,I don't think anyone would argue the point,that every breed has it's share of problems,which only proves to me,that out of my personal 31 yrs of Saints as well as Greyhounds,Collies,& Labradors,considering everything that has been said & done, the Healy kennel has a darn good tract record.

This brings up another point,many veterinarians will tell you they may not be particularly familiar with any given breed, you want to use as an example,but will do their very best,to diagnose based on their education & experience.

Always, remember, it is a good idea to get a second opinion.You continue to threaten,yet, show no documentations directly to Healy kennels,before, you go about doing what you desire,rather than trusting your breeder,who would of course have more experience than many of the vets,not discriminating against them by no means.

There are also other factors like how fast the pup grew affects their growth,hips included,etc etc.but instead you want to play the blame game,& then after the fact complain,I don't think there has ever been a doctor, lawyer, vet,police officer,or even a breeder (or anyone)who didn't make a misdiagnosis or at least a misunderstood situation,but after the fact, you can't expect anyone to correct a problem,please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Jesus Christ has come back yet.I don't want to quibble on petty remarks,& statements made,nor do I care to "defend"something so ridiculous,but,I do want to bring up a few points of great interest to me...

I just wondered if I could speak to the psychiatrists who have diagnosed Cheryl Healy as,um what was it being "certified nutcase",I didn't realize she was under psychiatric care nor did she need it. Another being "the clan" that is referenced to in these rebuttals...I find it remarkable that the persons referenced to,have bought not one but several dogs from the Healy's,& no not all at the same time,& get this these people even brought back some & traded for others,& everytime this happens its seems to lead back to the same individuals, so I would feel attached,as Cheryl does,too.Wouldn't you? HMMM something to think about.Another,I'm not sure nor do I care what profession,you individuals are in but,I would venture to call you liars if you claimed that there have never been red tape,misunderstandings,set backs & delays in your ventures,as apparently was the case in certain situations,of the Healy SAGA!

Furtheromre, have you ever had a situation where you were dealing with more people than you could handle at one time? GAWD forbid, you couldn't meet all those people's demands at once,then you have other factors,like airline stipulations, checks clearing the bank before you ship out a puppy to someone,while they are demanding immediate attention,& temperature just to give a few examples,I don't recall you prepaying to have your puppy shipped,& I did the airline arrangements,so I know,& tried diligently to explain this all to you.(Ring a bell David?).This isn't even about the dogs anymore,this isn't about money,there isn't money to be made in being a breeder,it's about breed improvement,but it ain't even that any more,this is about politics.I used to be a member myself of the SBCA,I felt their code of ethics,only applied to certain members,It seemed that it was a competition rat race to me,everyone wanted to run everyone else down, though many of their lines originated together.

I felt there was numerous other problems as well.I decided I no longer wanted to be a member,does this make me a bad st. owner? It was a good club ,but it has it's problems too. What I'm trying to say is there are good people & bad people in the sbca,as well as anything you deal with in life,so stereotypical!There is a policies page on the healy website that explains it all.Perhaps, it needs to be put into simpler more explanatory measures,for everyone considered.

I know for a fact that the Healy kennel has been checked out by A.K.C., The TBI, The FBI, The Tn.Agricultural dept.,The Tn. Veterinarian association, Nashville Airport airlines,since 9/11, Animal control, &the humane society, in Fact, that is where the word "conspiracy" came from,not Cheryl originally, which only proves some people can take things way too far.
I'm truly sorry for you that feel you've experienced a hardship,do all the people in your life or business affairs feel you've never done them an injustice?It really truly intrigues me that it is so detrimental for you to release your unhappiness incessantly,I bet if i worked as hard as you do at it, I could come up with all kinds of interesting damaging,deframation of character info on you.

I think most people are truly tired of hearing it, no matter how their perception of it is.There is always two sides to every story,& somewhere in the middle is the truth.It has been said it is better to keep your mouth shut & appear ignorant, than to open it & remove all doubt.I have personally seen several reputable, long time, dedicated breeders done the same way as the Healy kennel same story different day.I think it is disgraceful to be so absolutely assanine, to anyone that has worked so hard & so long,took a whole lot of love, money, devotion, & personal sacrifices,for some unexperienced,disgruntled individuals,to show their lack of knowledge & close minded,whoa is me attitude, I feel for the next kennel that comes up on the roster to be attacked,the SBCA does not uphold their own code of ethics,or some of their members right now would be investigated,& kicked out & then the wrongly accused would be accepted,& be known as reputable.I guess it's true when you are successful,people will always talk about you. Oh by the way,I am Cheryl's daughter & I have even encountered some of you on these dog arrangements. Some people are just more difficult to deal with than others,I accept that,maybe you should think about that. I guess that's why they say it takes all kinds,to make the world go round.I welcome all comments.

To any & all interested parties,

We have 2 beautiful Healy Saints!

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

My experience with Cheryl Healy couldnt have been any more different. For the most part she has been a very supportive breeder and has basically taught me everything I know about Saints. I have 2 beautiful Females. They are both structurally VERY VERY sound and both very healthy and happy. Actually most people say they've never seen such beautiful St. Bernards anywhere. The only time I havent been able to be in contact with Cheryl was when she was in the hospital with health problems. If anyone wants to see photos of my beautiful Healy Girls or want any more info please feel free to contact me.

I have two great dogs

AUTHOR: Bonnie - (U.S.A.)

I currently have two dogs of Healy lines in my household. One I got directly for Cheryl and one from another breeder who has Healy lines. The one bitch I have we were able to complete a Companion Dog obedience title, as well as receive two High In Trials at a local specialty. We now compete as a draft dog team. The other, younger bitch I have is competing in conformation shows and has 4 points including one major. We are training for obedience and have just started drafting. Both of these bitches are healthy, intellegent, and wonderful dogs for our home, the neighbors love them. I also have gotten lots of advice on raising these dogs from the breeders and a series of pictures of their ancestors which I find helpful. Please remember that dog people also have real lives and get busy with family stuff and may not be able to contact you as soon as you want because of family business.

AUTHOR: Dr. Stacey - (U.S.A.)

I am a veterinarian whose has dealt with Cheryl on a professional basis on several occasions. My initial contact was with regard to the purchase of a female Show Quality Saint. She was very honest and sincere. She took the time to interview and qualify myself as perspective Saint owner. I was very pleased with the pup I received in every way. As the pup matured, Cheryl was instrumental in providing her guidance to even someone of my stature.

Years later, I had decided to breed the bitch. With her knowledge of Saint bloodlines and recognition of quality, she recommended an appropriate stud dog and breeder. She also fielded questions and helped guide me through the whelping and raising of the pups.

Finally, let me state that Cheryl Healy has an exemplary reputation in the industry and is a individual who cares.

Cheryl Healy: Excellent Breeder

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to begin a breeding program with St.
Bernard's. I researched and found many breeders
that could help me, but in contacting the
breeders, Cherly Healy was the only one that had
an interest in bettering the breed, the most
knowledgeable about the breed and the only one
willing to take the time to share that knowledge
with a novice. I have great respect for the work
that Cheryl has put into this breed. I bought my
first St. from Cheryl just last Spring and my
second from her last Fall. I have never shown a
dog or even thought about it, but Cheryl
encouraged me to do this. So now I have show
dogs that I will be breeding! I am proud of my
Healy puppies and am looking forward to getting
more! I keep in touch with Cheryl through e-
mail, letters, and the phone. I have never meet
Cheryl in person, but feel like we are old
friends. She is always there to answer any
questions or concerns I have or simply just to
chat. I look forward to learning all about
breeding from her in a few years! I would
recommend Cheryl's Saints to anyone! In fact, I
already have!

A Pack of Lies

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

I have never read such falsehoods and out and out half truths. The internet can be a wonderful thing but it is al;so an instrument where unscrupulous people can say what ever they want.

I have known and done business with Cheryl Healy and Healy's Noble Friends for over twn years. I have purhased 4 and bred the two bitches, with her recommendation, and produced puppies that are strong. sound and colecting points when they are shown and are happy healthy pets if that is what the owner wants.

I personally have known Cheryl to replace puppies, and know that she offered to replace this puppy and the breeder was willing to pay the shipping when you said you were going to have the pup put down.This is a fact.

Are you a responsible owner? Perhaps I should say owners. Have you kept in touch since you received your dogs? Have you sent pictures? Have you asked for advice and then followed it? Have you followed advice of vets who are familier with the giant breed? You have to ask yourselves these questions, take some responsibility and stop blaming someone else.

I could go on and on, please contact me, I can give you references of satisfied Healy customers.

The only one who is being ripped off here is Cheryl. By a few people who have a vendetta against her.You puppy byers out there who read all this nonsense do a little more research. Talk to other people who have bought Healy dogs. Don't just listen to a few who use the secrecy of the web to vent their frustrations. Talk to other people and not just a group from the South. There are satisfied Healy puppy owners all over the country. Look up the Annuals and see how many Healy champions there are. Do your homework thoroughly.

I am sorry, I know this is too long, butI hate to see a reputable breeder with great dogs, excellent bloodlines, bloodlines you can't find anymore, being slammed.

One more point,You can ask about any reputable breeder and hear anything you want to hear. Including the SBCA, of which I am a member. I would advise everyone to take everything you hear from other people with a grain of salt and do more research. Talk to people who are repeat buyers and see what they say.

I am none of the above and you know that Jamie!

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

Since you have chosen to make this report Jamie I am responding to it. I still have all, and I do mean ALL of the emails where you and I have corresponded over you buying a puppy from me, so how in this World you could get on here and tell such lies is beyond me.

Yes, I sent you photo's many photo's of many different puppies, none of which seemed to ever suit you, as you seemed to be looking for a particular marking as if that had anything what so ever to do with the value or quality of a St. Bernard puppy. Yes, people are supposed to put down a deposit and if you read on our Web Page you would have read the Policy page where it says clearly, that if you change your mind then no you will not be refunded your deposit.

After sending you many many emails answering many many questions of yours, and you changing your mind 50 times about when, what kind etc. etc. etc.
I quit emailing you. As nothing or no puppy was going to satisfy you after you had got on the internet and listened to who ever. Did anyone of those people you decided to listen to ever happen to mention that yes, I had been a member of many different Clubs and some for many years? For an example the SBCA for only 16 yrs. I do not choose to be in any Clubs, at this particular time.

I do have a letter here recently from the SBCA asking me to send in photo's of my most recent champions, so they can put them in their annuals, would you like to have a copy sent to you? There are good people in Clubs and of course there are always in any Dog Clubs, going to be the bad apples just like there is in anything. The trouble makers, the Gossip Mongers etc.

My contribution to this breed of dog's far surpasses your lies about me or your insults, and for everyone who will not listen to me as their breeder there is probably 5 times as many who have and are satisfied. All I can tell you is that you can not go buy any Bloodline of St. Bernard Dog today that isn't going to have some kind of problems, somewhere in it's pedigree. There are no Perfect St. Bernards, no Perfect Bloodlines, and certainly no Perfect St. Bernard Breeders.

I don't get paid for my time and you do know that I spent a lot of time emailing you, answering every single one of your questions, only for you to change your mind, so no you are not supposed to get a deposit back.

Thanks for listening to the flip side of this coin,
Yours In Saints,