Complaint Review: Hearst Corporation, O Magazine

• Updated: Wed, April 28, 2010

• Reported By: Fiona — Fort Collins Colorado United States of America
Hearst Corporation, O Magazine
Box 8464 Red Oak, Iowa United States of America

Hearst Corporation, O Magazine Obnoxious billing process and harrassment Red Oak, Iowa

This has been an obnoxious experience.  I signed up for and paid in advance for a subscription to O Magazine.  I then did not ever see that it was an automatic renewal.  They have been hounding me to pay for another subscription. This in the form of letters that never listed what magazine it was they expected me to pay for, it never had a contact number and until this month it never had an invoice attached.  In their last letter, which had an invoice finally, it was threatening collections for not paying them for something I never wanted - then, get this, they offered me a discount of $5 for paying now.  I finally looked up Hearst Corporation for a contact number, it was three numbers and alot of time, before I managed to cancel this entirely.  I was happy to pay for any magazines I owed for, but was told I owed nothing!!!!!!  Huh???  I verbally canceled and asked for a letter of confirmation stating I did now owe anything, nor did I wish to continue the subscription to this or any other Hearst Magazine.

The contact number for canceling subscriptions is 888 446 4438 (within the USA).  Their business practices are shocking to me.  BTW, the editorial number for O Magazine is (212) 903 5187 if you want to complain more loudly about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2010 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Corporation-O-Magazine/Red-Oak-Iowa-51591-1464/Hearst-Corporation-O-Magazine-Obnoxious-billing-process-and-harrassment-Red-Oak-Iowa-597769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Corporation, O Magazine