Complaint Review: Hearst Corporation - Popular Mechanics

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009

• Reported By:Avondale Arizona
Hearst Corporation - Popular Mechanics
300 West 57th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Hearst Corporation - Popular Mechanics Beware of Free Issue Scam Popular Mechanics New York New York

In October 2008 I saw an offer for a free issue of Popular Mechanics. I responded. I then received the so called "free" issue. I also received a bill for the subscription. I responded to the bill by canceling any further issues. I noted that I was displeased with the amount of advertising and lack of content in the issue. I continued receiving bills for the subscription with no further issues being sent. I ignored them. My second mistake. Today I received a letter from a collections agency asking for the subscription price for a magazine that I am not receiving. I have responded to the collection agency and I will wait to see what happens.

Ron
Avondale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Corporation-Popular-Mechanics/New-York-New-York-10019-5899/Hearst-Corporation-Popular-Mechanics-Beware-of-Free-Issue-Scam-Popular-Mechanics-New-Yor-434877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Corporation - Popular Mechanics