Complaint Review: Hearst Corporation

• Reported By: Gary — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Hearst Corporation
Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa United States of America

Hearst Corporation More Magazine Rip-Offs! Harlan, Iowa

I received an invoice from the Hearst Corp thanking me to choosing to be a part of their Continuous Service Program and saying they had recently processed my renewal to Food Network Magazine as they had previously notified me about.

I never chose to be part of their Continuous Service Program (I've never heard of the Hearst Corp until this scam invoice arrived!), was not notified of their processing of a renewal for the magazine (I had already consciously decided NOT to renew the magazine when the REAL renewal notice was sent out) and I have no intention of renewing now.

Once I received this invoice, it was difficult to find a phone number to contact the Hearst Corporation to complain and tell them I was not renewing, nor had I ever had contact from or with them in the past.

Once I did search for the Hearst Corp on line, there are nothing but complaint registry sites listing a multitude of complaints for against them for this same scam involving several magazines and multiple mailing addresses for the Hearst Corporation.  Why are these people still in business????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Corporation/Harlan-Iowa-51593-1593/Hearst-Corporation-More-Magazine-Rip-Offs-Harlan-Iowa-711092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Corporation