depth

• Updated: Wed, January 25, 2012

• Reported By: Mindy — Albany Oregon United States of America
Hearst Corporation
300 W 57th St Internet United States of America

Hearst Corporation O magazine deception, fraud, illegal billing and threats for collection New York, Internet

I clicked into an ad for a contest on the Oprah site and got a message thanking me for a one year subscription order. It said they woud bill me or I could pay then.  I never did figure out what happened to the prize contest but I did pay for a 1 year subscription.

A year has passed, I only received about four magazines and then I recieved a bill for another year.  I ignored it.  Another month and another bill, this time threatening me with collection, they said I reordered, which I did not. Judging from other sites, they have been doing this to people since at least 2004 and California  filed a class action suit against them in 2006.  I have contacted a lawyer.  Where doI go from here?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst-Corporation/internet/Hearst-Corporation-O-magazine-deception-fraud-illegal-billing-and-threats-for-collectio-828185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst Corporation