Complaint Review: Hearst

• Reported By: mitzer — Schaumburg Illinois
Hearst
PO Box 6000 Harlan, Iowa USA

Hearst Elle MagazineMarie Claire Magazine Bogus past due alerts Harlan Iowa

I keep receiving Past due notices from these people. The name on the invoice is not mine, other than the first name. I don't know where the middle name came from. The last name is a portion of my business name at this address.

I had to search the web for a phone number for these people. Then, it took me four phone calls to different numbers to finally reach someone to help(?) me.

They told me they had a card filled out and signed for a subscription at this address. However, they will not supply me with a copy of same. What a surprise.

I have read other similar stories on the internet. I just would like to know how they can continue with this fraud!?! I always thought Hearst was a reputable company. I know magazines are not doing well against the internet, but this scam is ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearst/Harlan-Iowa-51593-1500/Hearst-Elle-MagazineMarie-Claire-Magazine-Bogus-past-due-alerts-Harlan-Iowa-1079507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearst