lovely

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Debbie — Kirkland Washington United States of America
Hearthware Inc
5 N Butterfield Rd Ste A Internet United States of America

Hearthware Inc IBC-Hearthware Inc Unauthorized bank withdrawal and double shipment - not ordered Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Order Assistance

I ordered the BOGO NuWave cooktop online and received confirmation of my order. No issue. My bank account showed two withdrawals, for different amounts.  One for the confirmed amount, one for slightly more.  I called the customer service department, told them right away and was told they would stop the order from shipping and put the funds back into my account.

About one week later I called back to ask when I could expect the funds back into my account and was told that wouldn't happen and that an investigation would need to be launched because the system showed that I had ordered the 2nd order. The two orders arrived.  After 4 weeks and 5 phone calls it was evenually escalated to their corporate customer and I received a message that I was responsible for the order because it was placed online.  I was told if I had questions, I could call a number which was just the customer call center where I started.

I learned today that another withdrawal was taken from my account.  Apparently the 2nd order was ordered using there option of "3 easy payments".  Why I would buy one outright and then opt to pay more in the first installment plus additional payments doesn't even make sense.

There is no way to contact the corporate offices and the poor people at the call center are bearing the brunt of company's poor customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-IBC-Hearthware-Inc-Unauthorized-bank-withdrawal-and-double-shipment-not-o-998081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware Inc

Order Assistance

AUTHOR: Hearthware Becky - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becky. I am the Social Media Marketing Manager for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. Im terribly sorry to hear about  the miscommunication that occurred during the ordering process. From what you wrote, it appears that you have already received assistance from our customer service department, but if you send an email with your order information to facebook@hearthware.com, I can ensure that this information reaches our customer service managers who will do everything within their power to resolve any outstanding issues you may have.

Thank you for your patience. We genuinely appreciate your business and hope you are enjoying cooking with the NuWave PIC.