Complaint Review: Hearthware, Inc

• Reported By: VRWyatt — Chandler Arizona USA
Hearthware, Inc

Hearthware, Inc NuWave BOGO offer fraud, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Order Help

Beware of buying the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop packages from Hearthware. While the product itself is great, you have to actually be able to receive it first. When you have a problem, you actually need to be able to contact them, too.

My order was invoiced on 9/13. I called to order the Nuwave PIC, the complete Buy One Get One (BOGO) order and knew I would get hit with the hefty S&H but the 2nd complete set was supposed to be a gift.

What I received, however, was 1 PIC, 1 cookware set, the cast iron BBQ grill and PIC cover that I ordered additional, the 9" and 10.5" PGP, and the bill for all the above plus the S&H for the 2nd PIC that I didn't receive (that according to their invoice was in my box) and no mention of the 2nd BOGO offer.

I've been emailing back and forth someone from one of their customer service emails  who was quite rude and could not understand that what I got was not only what she thought my whole order was, but was missing the 2nd BOGO offer.

I emailed pictures of the NuWave PIC offer direct from the website. I explained repeatedly.. even color coded one of my emails. It must have finally escalated because then an entirely new person replied to my email.. Still couldn't get that I did in fact order the 2nd BOGO offer even if the invoice did not show it. I finally threatened to contact the BBB and miraculously had a phone call from them for the first time in nearly 2 weeks of this.

The person on the phone, however, said they were going to pull my call from the order and call me back within the hour.  Its been a couple days now since that call.

I will say that the PIC I do have cooks wonderfully. But it is not helping with the bitter taste in my mouth after dealing with customer service!

The company says that they've resolved their backorder issue but they have yet to solve all their Customer Service issues!  It appears from the sheer amount of complaints posted online about this company recently, one of their ways to get around the backlog of orders and the lack of product was not to include the BOGO offer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-NuWave-BOGO-offer-fraud-Internet-948799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware, Inc

Order Help

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I am terribly sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. I can assure you that customer service has always been, and continues to be our #1 priority. If you send me an email with your order information at facebook@hearthware.com, I can ensure that any questions or concerns you may have reach our customer service managers. Once they update me on the status of your missing items, I will pass along any relevant information I receive. Thank you for your patience.