Complaint Review: Hearthware, Inc

• Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Kathryn — Jennings Louisiana United States of America
Hearthware, Inc
1755N. Butterfield Rd, Internet United States of America

Hearthware, Inc NuWave Induction Cooktop Customer Service is non-existent Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Replacement Help

I purchased the NuWave Induction Cooktop (NIC). The cooktop never worked. Whether it was damaged in shipping (I could see no scratches or dents), or just faulty workmanship, I can not say. The thing just simply does not work.

I tried to get in touch with someone at Hearthware, Inc; I called, I emailed, I even tried live chat. No one would speak to me. I left contact information, but nada...I wasn't wanting a refund just a replacement cooktop...Now, not too sure I even want a replacement as it seems that this is indeed a total RIPOFF.

Now comes the fun part...I am going to TRY to get my money back. Wish me luck with that!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 03:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-NuWave-Induction-Cooktop-Customer-Service-is-non-existent-Internet-916450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware, Inc

Replacement Help

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I am very sorry to hear that your cooktop is not working properly. We will be more than happy to replace your PIC as part of the manufacturers warranty.

I do also apologize for the difficulty you encountered while trying to reach customer service. Our phone lines have been flooded with calls and quite frankly, our system cant handle all of them. We are in the processing of upgrading our phone system to better assist valued customers such as yourself.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you about replacing your PIC is to contact customer service. Our representatives are the only ones who can authorize such a transaction. The best way to reach a representative is through email at picsupport@hearthware.com. Please allow 72 hours for a reply.

Thank you for your patience.