Complaint Review: Hearthware Inc

Hearthware Inc
1755 N. butter field Rd. Internet United States of America

Hearthware Inc NuWave induction cooktop This company is a ripoff Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Repon

I ordered the NuWave convection stove from their TV commercial. I took advantage of the two for one bay paying shipping on the second on along with the cookware included. I was told by their representative that I would not be charged for any of my order until it was shipped. I received on cooktop with no cookware and no second cooktop. Upon calling the numerous items before finally getting a "live person", I was told that the rest of the order was back ordered. I received my credit card statement and saw that I was charged for the full amount. I attempted to contact them again with no luck and after leaving my phone number numerous times, I left a message that I was returning the one cooktop that I had received and was canceling my order. I paid the return shipping charge and that was fine with me. When I finally received my credit, they withheld the initial shipping chares as well as a handling charge. I protested as well as wrote to their legal dept. but they do not have the courtesy to even respond. Stay away from this product as it is a ripoff completely. Just try to get someone to answer the phone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-NuWave-induction-cooktop-This-company-is-a-ripoff-Internet-929023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware Inc

Repon

AUTHOR: Hearthware Becky - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becky. I am the Social Media Manager for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I apologize for any confusion you may have had regarding the ordering process or our return policy. While we do offer a 90 day, money back guarantee, unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund on shipping and processing charges as these charges are necessary to cover the ever increasing costs of shipping our products, in addition to costs associated with processing the orders.

If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to send an email to facebook@hearthware.com.