Complaint Review: Hearthware, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: mary — las vegas Nevada United States of America
Hearthware, Inc.
1755 Butterfield Road, Libertyville, IL 60048 Internet United States of America

Hearthware, Inc. NuWavePIC; IBC Precision Cooktop; Precision Induction Cooktop Deceptive Advertising/Liars; Thieves Internet

*Consumer Comment: Consumer still waiting.

*UPDATE Employee: No Deceptive Advertising

Very deceptive advertising. They tell you buy one oven, get one free, plus all the cookware that comes with it. Little do you know you will be charged extra shipping and handling for all the so called "free" items. You might as well buy everything at regular price when you find out what they charge for S&H!!!!!!
I only received half of my 2 orders and they charged me full price for each order. I emailed them..........no response. I telephoned and waited 45 minutes for someone to answer. They give you a bull story so I asked for the supervisor. She gave me the same bull story. They won't budge. They make you feel that whatever you say is not right.
Their TV advertisement and on-line advertisement are very deceptive making yo believe that you will receive all these free pieces of cookware at no extra charge. I don't understand how they can get away with their lies. It is a total ripoff! I tried to cancel my order today, but the rep told me that the order has already shipped out. If you return, you have to pay S&H big time!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-NuWavePIC-IBC-Precision-Cooktop-Precision-Induction-Cooktop-Deceptive-905709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware, Inc.

Consumer still waiting.

AUTHOR: lufkinlady - (USA)

The same report has been sent out to me and others.  At least Hearthware should email or call people, or any other means to let them know something, and let them know where their items are or when to expect them.  I have emailed Hearthware many times, called them many times and all you get is a machine.  At one point when I finally got a digital voice it gave me an old FedEx tracking number that when my one and only product was shipped (pic oven only) - nothing else.

I even requested to at least send a piece of the cookware that I was suppose to receive so I could at least see if the PIC works.  I should not have to go and purchase a piece of cookware to see if it works.  It seems like their business practices and these letters have been going on for a long period of time.  They are still heavily advertising the same special on the internet,  TV, etc. and not producing.  When I still see it on TV it makes me sick.  I am a senior citizen and it took a lot of consideration before I made up my mind to order this and spend the money.  I saw the commercial and was very impressed and thought that it would really make my life easier.

When I placed my order on their site (no problems taking the money) I was told that I would receive my complete shipment in 24-48 hours since I paid in full, after she tried to sell me more products.  She never said anything about back shipments.  She hung up the phone and I was not given an order number or anything.  I paid with a debit card and it was immediately taken out of my bank account.

No Deceptive Advertising

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy Pohn. I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, makers of the NuWave PIC. I do want to apologize for the delay in the receipt of your second PIC. The sudden success of this new product has overwhelmed our supply, forcing us to place them on backorder. We have ramped up production so that we can fulfill backorders such as yours as soon as we can. I would also like to apologize for the difficulty you encountered while trying to reach a customer service representative. The success of the PIC has also left us a bit short staffed in that department. We are currently in the process of hiring and training additional resources to better assist customers such as yourself.

I do also want to assure you that all of the bonus items are, in fact, free. Should you choose to receive the free gifts, all you have to do is pay for the shipping and handling costs. This is clearly stated both in our commercials and on our website. These costs are necessary for us to send out our products in a timely manner. If you do not want to pay the S&H charges, you can always elect not to receive the free gifts. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to send an email to picsupport@hearthware.com