Complaint Review: Hearthware Inc

• Updated: Sun, September 16, 2012

• Reported By: LG_Windsor — Windsor Connecticut United States of America
Hearthware Inc
1755 N. Butterfield Road, Libertyville,IL Internet United States of America

Hearthware Inc Nuwave Precision Inducton Deceptive Sales Practices Exorbitant Shipping and No Customer Service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Lucky you

*Author of original report: Eventual Response & Resolution

*UPDATE Employee: Replacement Help

Since I ordered by the web, I could see that the so-called free items in fact were charged to me in the exorbitant shipping and handling charges.  No problem unless one needs to return items, since the shipping and handling charge is more than the product.

In my case, the return consideration arises because I received an item that is slightly damaged.  No customer service response has been available, either by phone or email.  So I am left with a damaged item.  The sellers in this case have also removed the option of just returning the item and disputing the credit card charge, by making the exorbitant shipping charge non-refundable.

I categorize as deceptive sales practices the lack of customer service response coupled with the exorbitant shipping charges, coupled with the advertising claims that items are free except for shipping and handlingThis sort of manipulation of consumers should be illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware-Inc/internet/Hearthware-Inc-Nuwave-Precision-Inducton-Deceptive-Sales-Practices-Exorbitant-Shipping-and-925492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware Inc

Lucky you

AUTHOR: Jcar - (USA)

Count your blessings for the rest of us. It is still a scam. I paid $125 in shipping and that was not enough. They said I needed to pay more.

Eventual Response & Resolution

AUTHOR: LG_Windsor - (United States of America)

In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, I must report that Hearthware Inc cares about the complaints of customers and tries to make amends, in my experience.

In my case, I tried to report a slightly damaged item and to communicate with cusomer service, without success at first.  After reporting my concerns on the Ripoff Report web site, I was contacted by a company employee who indicated that action would be taken to address my complaint.  The employee also acknowledged that the company's customer service deficiency needs to be remedied.

Shortly after that, a replacement item was sent to me at no additional charge.  So maybe it is a customer service issue above all else and not any intention to short-change customers.

Replacement Help

AUTHOR: Hearthware Becky - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Becky. I am the Social Media Marketing Manager for Hearthware, makers of the NuWave PIC. I apologize for the difficulties you have encountered when attempting to contact customer service. We are in the process of adding resources so we may better assist valued customers such as yourself.

Since your PIC arrived damaged, we will be happy to send you a replacement unit. Please send an email with your order information and a description of the broken unit to facebook@hearthware.com. We will inquire with our customer service managers and send you any relevant information we receive. Thank you.