Complaint Review: Heartland, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, July 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 12, 2009

• Reported By:Winchester Virginia
Heartland, Inc.
P. O. Box 3586 Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

Heartland, Inc. did not order, but billed anyway Des Moines Iowa

Last year my husband was contacted by Heartland, Inc. He was engaged in casual conversation, asked about his magazine preferences, etc. My husband consistently said he did not want to order anything. A couple of days later we received an invoice thanking him for his order of $1,500.00 worth of magazines that they would deduct approx. $50.00 per month from our checking account (he had given them a phony account #).

I immediately sent back the cancellation paper, certified. Then the phone calls started. They called every day for months. Finally I had our home phone disconnected (for other reasons) and the calls stopped.

About a month ago I started receiving calls for my husband from Heartland. I simply told him he wasn't available and hung up. Last week they got hold of him on his cell phone (do not know how they got the number we have both registered with the do not call.gov for cell phones).

Yesterday we received another notice thanking my husband for his order, which he did not place. Again it was approx. $1,500.00 spread out over 28 months at $49.90/mo. In addition to the cancellation paper, I have also sent a letter requesting they never contact us again, which will also be sent certified. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Don't talk to these people. Even if you want the magazine you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Winchester, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heartland-Inc/Des-Moines-Iowa-50323/Heartland-Inc-did-not-order-but-billed-anyway-Des-Moines-Iowa-468857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heartland, Inc.