Complaint Review: Heat Surge Roll n Glow fireplace

• Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: unhappy customer — Fredericton New Brunswick
Heat Surge Roll n Glow fireplace
3939 Everhard Rd NW North Canton, Ohio USA

Heat Surge -"service" rep - Roll n Glow fireplace Canton Ohio Heat Surge - "Service" rep asked for a death certificate! Canton Ohio

Heat Surge - "Service" rep asked me for a death certificate! Disgusted with Heat Surge from Canton Ohio.Worst service (as in NO service) ever!

Complaint from Canada:

M parents 'Amish' Roll 'n Glow fireplace has broken twice. Heat Surge won't help.

A customer service representative suggested I drive around my city asking businesses to call them in Canton Ohio and they could possibly authorize said local business to become a Heat Surge service center.

Heat Surge in Canton, Ohio won't repair anything that is not under warranty and won't provide assisstance. I was calling on behalf of my 75 year old mother, as my Father passed away recently.  The service rep woman on the phone had the audacity to ask for a copy of my father's death certificate and power of attorney to prove I had authority to speak to her on the phone about the fireplace.

Absolutely disgusting!

Consumers buying this product can expect faulty heating...or no heat and no help with repairs once warranty is up.  I wasn't asking for free service - just assisstance.

This fireplace breaks often...customer service was dismissive and rude (she hung up on me after I asked to speak to the manager). Worst business I have dealt with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heat-Surge-Roll-n-Glow-fireplace/Canton-Ohio-44709/Heat-Surge-service-rep-Roll-n-Glow-fireplace-Canton-Ohio-Heat-Surge-Service-rep-1095530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heat Surge Roll n Glow fireplace