Complaint Review: Heather Duback - Wilhelmina

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2003

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Heather Duback - Wilhelmina
20811 NW Cornell, Suite 300 Hillsboro, Oregon U.S.A.

Heather Duback TCT - Wilhelmina - Web Style Network - Infinite Talent ripoff illegally charged my credit card $995, when they said they needed the visa # to "hold my spot" Hillsboro Oregon

So, here it is, once again. The tale of the scammed "model" or so I thought.

I always wanted to be a model, but never thought I had what it took. But one day, I was in the grocery store when a scout came up to me and told me she thought I had what it took to be a great model. She said I could model for some name brand stores, some commercials, Reality television, and some other companies. I thought, wow! Sure.

I went to the evaluation. Sat in the room with several other "hopeful models" as the scouts stood outside watching their "hopeful dollars" walking in and out the door. I watched the video, listened to some girl talk about "the industry", and didn't really fall for the bait. Until, I went to the office for a follow up interview, and they put me on speaker phone with someone from "corporate" (which isn't in business any more by the way). This guy said I was something special. He said that he had the perfect job in mind for me, and that all I had to do was give this girl my credit card to hold my spot. I still wasn't sure, so I told her I wanted to pay cash, but didn't have it on me at that time.

She said she needed my # to hold my spot, but that she wouldn't run the card, and she'd be expecting me in the office with the cash within a couple of days. Before I could even do anything, my credit card was charged $995.00. I tried to get the whole thing straightened out, but I kept getting re directed to the corporate office. The corporate office couldn't take care of it because they said I gave the girl my permission to charge my credit card.

If someone comes up to you at the grocery store (I heard their favorite spots are Fred Meyers, Washington Square, and Target), and says you're beautiful, run! Run like hell...

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2003 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heather-Duback-Wilhelmina/Hillsboro-Oregon-97124/Heather-Duback-TCT-Wilhelmina-Web-Style-Network-Infinite-Talent-ripoff-illegally-cha-73689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heather Duback - Wilhelmina