• Report: #762099

• Updated: Sat, December 17, 2011

• Reported By: Mary — houston Texas United States of America
Heidelberg German Shepherds
Riley-Fuzzel Spring, Texas United States of America

Heidelberg German Shepherds Heidelberg Kennels Neglect, Sick dogs sold and bred Spring, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Understated

*Consumer Comment: My Heidelberg Gsd experience

*Consumer Comment: How do you like their positive reviews?!!

Stay away from this place for ALL services! Purchase, Breeding, boarding etc.

Owners are neglectful, negligent, and not caring about the dog breed or satisfying owners.

They knowingly breed sick and defective dogs.  Then they don't take responsibility.

Boarding--DON'T if you want you dog back healthy and alive.

PLEASE save yourself and your dogs from this place!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2011 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heidelberg-German-Shepherds/Spring-Texas-/Heidelberg-German-Shepherds-Heidelberg-Kennels-Neglect-Sick-dogs-sold-and-bred-Spring-T-762099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heidelberg German Shepherds

Understated

AUTHOR: TrustMe - (United States of America)

If you knew the whole story about these awful people (Wayne and Eugene), you would think your review was a glowing letter of praise.  They have to be the most deceitful people in town.

To anyone who may be researching these people and their company, please know that all their positive reviews are written either by themselves, or by a "reputation defender" service who gives them postive reviews, but aren't actually real customers.  The owners can't help but to spew lies in every way possible.  The truth is too damaging.

Eugene, who is purely evil had some kind of cancer so I've been told.  I'm surprised God has let him live this long.  Definitely going to hell when he is dead.

There is a story circulating from a former employee who is telling everyone that a kenneled black german shepherd dog got loose and ran into the street and hit by a car.  When they found the missing dog dead on the road, Wayne took the dog down the street and threw it over the spring creek bridge into the river.  When the owner came to get his dog, they only told him that the dog ran away.  The dog owner came back many times over the next week or two walking up and down the street calling for him.  He never knew what really happened.  Only the employees who found out about it.  I've heard this story from several people now.  I believe it to be true.

Several other owners have kenneled their dogs only to retrieve them beaten, broken or dead.  Several lawsuits have been filed over the years.  Much of this is in public records.

Notice when you see posts claiming that negative comments put on the internet are from former employees.  Those comments are written by the owners and they are trying to discredit those people since they know so much.  You won't see former employees post anything but anonymous comments because Eugene theatens to sue anyone who talks.

My Heidelberg Gsd experience

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

Our family purchased two Gsd from Eugene. Our first was a beautiful male at the time we had to wait till the dog was 20 weeks old before we could take him home. We visited several times and were always welcomed by the staff. They would get the pup and allow us all the time we wanted with him. All the dogs in the kennels and waiting to be purchased looked amazing, clean and healthy. The one thing we noticed about the facility was it had absolutely no smell and was clean. We also noticed after playing with and petting all the dogs even the wet ones that we still could not smell that wet dog smell. I asked Eugene how that was possible and he went on to tell us about the diet his dogs are on. We were pretty impressed and decided that our dog would continue the diet for ever. In case your wondering about the wet dogs he has a pond on his property and one of the hands was bringing about 20 dogs back from a swim. We brought the dog home on the date he was promised to us without a glitch. I have owned several shepherds, wolves and huskies in the past and knew I was getting an amazing dog. Once home the dog was a gem. It never messed in the house and was a perfect intelligent gentleman from the start. I had 4 young children at the time and the dog as expected was very loyal to them from day one. We also had a small jealous dog and he accepted her. Our gsd grew to be everything you could hope for out of such an amazing breed. The dog had unreal speed, brains and jumping ability. At around 4 years old I noticed he had trouble jumping in the truck one day. I thought that was odd because it was an easy jump for him. I kinda checked his paws and feet for a thorn sticking him but didn't find one. Over the next year or so sometimes he would truck up other times I had to lift him. Mean while my wife purchased a 6 year old female rescue show dog from Eugene for Christmas she was beautiful and sweet just like the male. We noticed she dragged her back toes a bit when she walked. She had a beautiful gate as she was a show dog. We noticed she would never run full out just a steady jog when she was playing. A few years passed and both dogs amazed me daily with their temperament and kindness. The male started showing signs of being unsteady in his rear end and his hind legs crossing. His nails on back feet were scuffed and short from them dragging the ground. He never showed any pain just a little unsteady on his back end. I called Gene to tell him about it and we increased his dose of powder and Gene sold me some Shark Tooth powder. I kept this up for 6 months he really was not getting better he was staying the same strong somedays unsteady on others. Mean while the female had to be put down because she had massive breast cancer at about 8 years old. I brought the male to the Vet he told me it was mylothia (i believe that is the spelling)very common only in gsd. I told him I started noticing weakness in the dog at about 3 years. Feeling guilty I asked if I waited to long to get him looked at. He told me the dog was not in any pain and their is really nothing we could do for him other than not work him too hard. He said it was neurological kinda like ms in humans. I called Gene and he was devastated when I told him the news of both the male and female. I loaded the male and took him to see Gene. Gene kinda agreed with the vets assessment. Our job now was to make him comfortable and keep him as long as I could. We upped the amount of powder and sharks tooth added vitamin c with rose hips. Over the next few months the dog seamed to stay about the same. I knew the day was coming that we would have to make a decision. The thought of a doggie wheel or him urinating on his back legs did not seem right for such a prideful dog. Gene and his staff did check often with us to see how he was doing. I put the dog down a few months later the hind legs were not supporting him and I knew it was time.

This is what happened to our family. I am not making any accusations just telling you our story. Please do your research before purchasing one of these amazing dogs. Our hearts were ripped out twice. We feel we lost these dogs way before we should have.

How do you like their positive reviews?!!

AUTHOR: TrustMe - (United States of America)

They are all fake. Heidelberg spends more time trying to lie and cheat than just doing the right thing.