Complaint Review: Heilig Meyers

• Submitted: Sun, January 01, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 01, 2006

• Reported By:Savannah Tennessee
Heilig Meyers
2425 Commerce Ave Bldg 2 Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

Heilig Meyers - Heilig Meyers Master Trust ripoff charging me with lawnmower they had in the shop when they went out of bisness last 8 years Duluth Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: THE DEBT IS BEYOND THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS

I bought a riding lawnmower from heilig meyers 7/97 used it 2 times and it tore up. I had them come pick it up and put it in the shop. A month later they brought it back while while I was at work. I went to move it when I got home it would not start.

I tried for another month to get them to come get it and fix it. In the meantime they went out of business here in savannah, tn.

I had to take it to Corinth, ms to their store there and drop it off. They to went out of business acouple of weeks later. I have no idea where they took the lawnmower.

I tried contacting them several times and got nothing. so I quit paying on it I payed 3 or 4 payments on only used it twice.

They turned it over to the master trust and they contacted me wanting me to pay on it. I explained to them I never got it back and the situation they seemed to have had that problem before and said they would take care of it.

They did alright they turned it in on my credit report and I have been haunted with it since.

What am I supposed to do? Pay for something I don't have. Iit has been nearly 8 years can you help me resolve this problem?

Shannon
Savannah, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2006 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heilig-Meyers/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Heilig-Meyers-Heilig-Meyers-Master-Trust-ripoff-charging-me-with-lawnmower-they-had-170014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heilig Meyers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

THE DEBT IS BEYOND THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

In both Georgia and Tennessee, six years is the maximum that they can take any action against you. If it has been eight years since the date of last activity on the account, they are out of luck. That includes open accounts, promissory notes and written contracts. I take it that Master Trust is a collection agency or junk debt buyer who hopes that you don't understand your legal rights and hopes that you will send them money...DON'T!!! You will get the Statute of Limitations clock started over again and it will worsen your credit, not make it better! You need to dispute this with the credit bureaus. In addition, send a Certified letter to Master Trust requesting validation of this debt, proof that they have legal authority to try to collect this debt. Also, check the date of last activity on your credit report..if they re-aged it, you may have a legal claim against them.

Good luck.