Complaint Review: Helen Foundation

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 30, 2014

• Reported By:Tucson, Arizona
Helen Foundation
helenfoundation.com Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Helen Foundation Took me for 4722.00 and said my insurance would pay it, but didn't give me the bills. Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Helen Foundation Freeze Method?

*UPDATE Employee: Helen Foundation Has Helped Thousands

*Consumer Comment: Overpriced

*Consumer Comment: More info

*Consumer Comment: Helen Foundation has made my life liveable

I am really disapointed in my adventure into the world of crime and rip offs. I was home and I call a Dr..... they asked me if I heard of the Helen foundation. Well, that's how it started. They came to my home, signed me up. I only get to use one Dr. in Tucson. Dr. Petronella and he gave me steriods. I couldn't take them. And 4700.00 out of my pocket and I am in pain from the loss but mostly in pain from the Fibromyalgia they said they could help. 3 Dr.'s visits, money is gone and no one can help me. What kind of world do we live in.

Diana
Tucson,, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helen-Foundation/Phoenix-Arizona/Helen-Foundation-Took-me-for-472200-and-said-my-insurance-would-pay-it-but-didnt-give-m-426113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helen Foundation

Helen Foundation Freeze Method?

AUTHOR: SwiftSCW - ()

We are experiencing the same FREEZE method. When we were paying their fees it was very easy to reach them and our calls were returned wtih no problem. Now that we are seeking a refund, no one is calling us. We are $6995.00 out of pocket. We have only had 2 proper treatments and a botched up 3rd treatment because the Doctor assigned to our case, quit. However, the main complaint my the patient (my husband) has is that the treatment has not been doing anything for him, and he felt unwell after, and do not seek to continue. The workers are fine to speak to but it is the system of callbacks and follow-ups that is the problem. All we want is a responsible representative to iron out this problem because we had to borrow money to come up with the amount we paid them. The payment was split into thirds. Two/thirds were borrowed from our credit cards, and the balance from the rest of our life savings.

Helen Foundation Has Helped Thousands

AUTHOR: Vice President Helen Foundation Cli - (United States of America)

Helen Foundation has successfully helped thousands of patients since 1992, providing a degree of symptom relief to the overwhelming majority that is often double and sometimes triple that of their previous treatments. We know of no other healthcare provider whose measured rate and degree of success as reported over a period of decades by thousands of patients suffering fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, non-specific arthritis and polymyalgia is as high as that of Helen Foundation.

We recently launched a comprehensive new website at http://www.helenfoundation.com which provides the healthcare consumer a wealth of information about our treatment program and protocols. While no provider can guarantee a favorable outcome, we are especially proud of our outcome record. The majority who turn to us for help do so after all else has failed and their lives and bodies have been ravaged for decades, and nonetheless the lives and physical comfort of the vast majority are safely and sustainably restored.

As to cost, the commenter is correct that the prescription component of our treatment program is negligible. What he overlooks is that our program is informed by a treatment database encompassing thousands of patients, provides for lab tests and physician visits, and DELIVERS THREE MONTHS worth of medical supervision, frequent one-on-one education sessions, and intensive nurse monitoring in the safe and effective use of the prescription. That's what our patients are paying for, and that's makes our program safe and SO EFFECTIVE in delivering symptom relief. Dramatic symptom relief is usually obtained in 3 weeks. After the three-month program, during which patients learn how to sustain their symptom relief, all that's usually required is an occasional physician visit and periodic renewal of a very low-cost prescription.

We welcome your inspection of the many facts to be found at http://www.helenfoundation.com.

Overpriced

AUTHOR: Bodnar - (United States of America)

The prednisone used by this company costs literaly pennies. Charging $6000 is ridiculous and a true rip-off. Plus, their only scientific study examined rheumatoid arthritis, not fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, or other conditions!

More info

AUTHOR: clysta - (USA)

No bills!  They told me that upfront.  They did tell me what Medicare would probably pay for, the food allergy test and the doctor visits.  I got the billing code for doctor visits from my own doctor.

Helen Foundation has made my life liveable

AUTHOR: clysta - (USA)

I have been using Hydrocortisone according to the directions from the Helen Foundation for almost a year and a half and I am delighted with the results.  I don't know who you talked to from the Foundation, but they made it clear to me that there was only one doctor in my area and after that I would have to drive to Mesa for answers to questions, a Doctor appt., and instructions on how to use the program.  The small dosage of hydrocortisone program has made my life much better.

The program is based on the use of "steroids" as you wrote.  If you cannot take steroids and that was something that you were not aware of before, it seems to me that you need a lawyer or file suit in small claims court.  I am surprised that the Foundation did not give you some sort of break in fees.  But maybe they did, because I had to pay $6,000 before billing Medicare.  And medicare does not pay for much, all of which was explained to me before I signed the contract.

I hope you can find some sort of treatment that works for you!

inventory