Complaint Review: Helen Salter

• Updated: Mon, May 28, 2012

• Reported By: RobinGarcia — Amherst Massachusetts United States of America
Helen Salter
271 Carew St Springfield, Massachusetts United States of America

Helen Salter Helen M Salter Predator Lender Fraud Scam Selling Private Information to Lenders Springfield Massachusetts

Helen Salter is supposed to be a financial counselor at mercy medical center here in springfield. When you come to the e.r. or are admitted to the hospital she comes around collecting information about patients and their ability to pay for their hospital bill. My sister was admitted two weeks ago and this Helen person came by three times asking for all kind of information. She also played ms. nice and stated that she was a "private financial counselor" outside of the hospital and that she could put my sister in contact with companies that could help to pay for her bill.

To our surprise when my sister was discharged we started getting phone calls at home and at my sis cell phone from weird people that identified themselves as lenders that were supposedly referred by the hospital. We were offered from going to a shady website online to apply for an interest free loan all the way to a personal lender here in springfield that could meet us and give us a loan at 40% interest. It was this so-called "lender" that shared with us that my sisters information was given to him by Helen Salter the person that we met at the hospital. This is outrageous!. What kind of predator lending tactics is this hospital using and if this Helen person is acting on her own how can she share confidential patient information with others without authorization?. My sister never requested any financial help and certainly didnt sign up for this.
Also be careful with what information you supply to the hospital because my sis has given a friends phone number as a backup and her friend ended up getting a phone call from these people as well. So embarrassing!.

We called the hospital to complain about this but so far weve been transferred to several voicemails without any returned phone calls. If this doesnt stop well be hiring an attorney or going to the news

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2012 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Helen-Salter/Springfield-Massachusetts-01102/Helen-Salter-Helen-M-Salter-Predator-Lender-Fraud-Scam-Selling-Private-Information-to-Lend-889539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Helen Salter